Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hi all

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all I'm a newbie but, i wanted to ask a question. First I had in 2005 L4S-L5S1 microdiscectomy also, a dropped left foot. I was in bad shape also, when they did this surgery they found calcification around my nerve. My L5 was totally ruptured so, they removed that scrapped off the calcification. I made out very well and, i was grateful. Now I have numbness and burning feeling down middle of the spine all the way to tho my hips. I think it could be a pinched nerve or maybe another disc problem.

I'm set up for a mri on this Monday and, then I see my neuro-surgeon on Wed. So what do you guys think?

Thanks,

Mike
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to Spine Health. I think you are on the right track with having an MRI and then seeing the NS on Wednesday. Couldn't give you any better advice than that.

"C"
  • Hi C and, thank you for the warm welcome.

Thanks

Mike
  • I wish I had some answers for you, but since I'm not a psychic or a doc ..... =))

This is a great place full of some of the coolest individuals. I have made some lifelong friendships here and met some really awesome individuals as well. I hope you find it to be worth your while to drop in and share.

"C"
  • C,

So far I like this site and it is nice to chat with you. I just hope for the best and, take one day at a time. I have out pretty well with that procedure from three years ago. This is the first time that i have had any big problem since the sugery. I hope i'm still will be able to bowl because, i have bowled for the last 26 years. It would be rough if i could not bowl.
  • I miss bowling and golfing!!! I have been so tempted at times to go do one or the other, but know that for me it would be a real dumb move. :-( I am fortunate that I can do so many other things though, so I gave away my bowling ball and threw out my shoes.

I hope for you that you can get back to bowling! I know how much bowling can mean to a person. It is one of the few sports that is both an individual and a team competition at the same time. It certainly can be gratifying.

I'm a very optimistic person. I hold on to the thought that if I can heal from one injury, I can heal from more. With the right surgeon, most anything is possible! With the right attitude EVERYTHING is possible! The key is just figuring out how to do it. :-)

"C"
advertisement