Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

back pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Chronic Pain
:jawdrop:
I have had back problems for over 31 years but it did not manifest itself until the mid 1990s when I had 3 surgeries to remove L4/L5 in a 2 year period.

I have been pretty much ok with my back for the past 11 years but 2 month ago,I did something which changed my life. My doctor saw the way I was walking even with the help of a cane and put me in a wheelchair a month ago. I am still having a hard time dealing with that. Sometimes I still feel like I am a burden to my family.
advertisement

Comments

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. it must be difficcult to adjust to your new life. you family loves you and want you in their lives regardless of how you get around!!! Jenny :)
  • gramps- welcome to site. I wonder what the dr saw that he would recommend a wheelchair over a cane. Maybe ask the dr next time how long he wants you in a wheelchair and why besides he doesn't like the way you walk. It is hard to know what the dr was thinking and why...take care..jade
  • Hiya Tim, >:D<
    Welcome to Spine Health. I have problems in the L4/L5 S1 area so you are not alone :( . It is difficult to accept somthing like that and i totally respect what you are saying :) . Tim you have a wife that loves you and cares for you so much, I should imagine she dont see you has a burden, because to your wife your still Tim the man she married :) . Dont be down >:D< , we are here to support you , and you can vent anytime you want to. Tim you know how to find me if you want to talk ;) . I am here for you , and others on this site will help you to, we are one big happy family on here :H .

HERE IS A HUG FOR YOUR WIFE >:D<

HERE IS A HUG FOR YOU >:D<

Angie x
  • Anytime of day or night, there's always somebody here. I'm sorry that you have to be in a wheel chair. I know how it is to have difficulty walking. I had a stranger tell me the other day that I looked terrible and that I needed a walker. I'm in my mid thirties and I use a cane.
    I had surgery last year for a L4=5 herniation and it didn't help; I had a fusion last June and still don't feel better. I feel isolated by my limitations. I know it doesn't compare to being in a wheelchair. Did the doctor tell you exactly why he wants you in one? Do you have severe muscle weakness and muscle atrophy?
    You'll find people here with similar problems as yours. I had developed other problems with my back and nerve damage. We are all in this together. Take care, and welcome :H
  • welcome everyone is right your not alone in this game of life.
    im curious also what was your walking like?? mine is getting pretty bad. i also am down to using a walker at 41.
    walking is getting worse. my hips, knees and ankles will not bend after about a 2 min walk. so i am very curious to your story if you don't mind sharing.

we are here day and night. we are all in different time zones. one good thing.
    someone is always aroud. you may not get a answer like in 5 minutes but eventually there will be one..

you hang in there buddy!!!
    we are your SUPPORT group outside the home.

take care of yourself. would love to hear your story
    terri O:) O:)
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.