Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain pump

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Pain Management
Has anyone ever had a pain pump and had it removed bc it didnt help or caused problems
advertisement

Comments

• I had a morphine pain pump trial and I made them turn it off as it was horrible. Then I developed spinal headaches that I had to call 911 twice in one day after I got out of the hospital. It has been 4 weeks now and slowly getting better. My lower back has been hurting more and I have not been able to do very much.
  • I HAVE HAD THE TRIAL PUMP FOR 4 DAYS AND IT IS GREAT.I LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING THE PERMANENT ONE.IT REALLY WORKS FOR ME.
  • The trial pump is a great product.I would really help the mankind in future.
  • WELL ITS 4 DAYS POST TRIAL PAIN PUMP REMOVAL AND IT IS HELL.I REALISE I HAVE MORE PAIN NOW THAN BEFORE.ALSO WITHDRAWALS TO A DEGREE.BUT IT IS ALL WORTHWHILE FOR WHEN I DO GET THE PERMANENT PUMP.I KNOW NOW THAT THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHTER,JUST KNOWING THE DEGREE OF RELIEF I GOT FROM THE TRIAL.I DID TAKE 3-4 LORCET A DAY WHILE ON THE TRIAL.BUT AS MY UNDERSTANDING,THE PERMANENET PUMP WILL HAVE A MORE CONCENTRATED FORMULA OF MORPHINE THAN THE TRIAL ONE.
    I SO LOOK FORWARD TO THIS SURGERY.THATS FUNNY,I NEVER EVER LOOKED FORWARD TO SURGERY AS I DO TO THIS ONE.
    THIS,TO ME,IS THE BEST PAIN RELIEF I'VE HAD IN 30+YRS OF TREATMENT.
    GOD BLESS ALL.
  • That I must have soem optomism hidden in me as I look forward to this next surgery too. I need someplace to go with this?

I have no other options, I have tears in my eyes trying to do things as simple as mow our yard on a lawn tractor. Nothing short of this next surgery seems to offer me a chance at some sort of normalcy.

So, yeah, it is not abnormal for us to look forward to a surgery if it provides hope!
  • I have had my pump now for almost a year.Although I have had problems in getting the right amnt of meds & a large sonoma after surgery,it has for the most part been very beneficial towards controlling the pain.However ,for about a month now I have had severe pain return.I had a procedure done yesterday to see if the pump had been malfunctioning.All was clear in that dept.,so now I left w/ a very discouraging sense ofwhat is to come? Why am I experiencing so much pain if the pump is working fine?They more or less told me it was nothing more than a flare upthat would settle down,I can barely walk for God's sake!I cannot believe that a *flare up* could cause this amnt of pain!I was given a 20% increase last week & another 20% bump yesterday.Am just praying for some relief.I also belong to a web group devoted to *pumpsters*.A fabulous group of people that all some something in common,THE Pump.
    Although fairly new here,I wish you all a pain-free day!
    Laurie/Sk/Canada
advertisement