Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Any Writers Here?

KoykoKKoyko Posts: 38
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Depression and Coping
Hello,
I am Jessica. Just call me Jess. I write children's stories about children that goes through the every day normal with problems as they grow up come across and they people they end up meeting because of the problem. I know it's hard to think that children have all these problems but we do as adults (young & old) do tend to ignore them. I inspired my ownself to become a school psychologist after I graduate high school. Other things I write though is poetry. I love writing poetry. I hope to become famous one day. I have gotten published three times by the International Libary of Poetry and I have been invited by Noble House to publish with them. So anyone else a writer?
Love Always,
Jess
advertisement

Comments

• depends on what you mean by writing...?
    ;>)

http://home.comcast.net/~castle.walls/tavern/

and if your into ADnD at all, I had posted a forum question about PBeM that turned into a 'story' as I just kept posting bits that I eventually compiled here:
    http://home.comcast.net/~castle.walls/tavern/05orc.html

and then there's the various songs written over the years. But no, i don't write purposely as you do!

That's pretty cool with the Noble House, best of luck!
    -Jim
  • Jess sweetie , I think that it is absolutely wonderful about your writing. I am not a writer myself but I had to pop in here when I saw that you had posted a thread. The best of luck to you in all that you do....take care....Miki

Btw , Ranchhand is an amazing writer....

• I used to write really, really dark poetry around the time my depression sank to a near suicide attempt.It probably saved me too because I felt so distant from everyone around me at the time.Paper was my only friend and mirror into myself.Its been a few years now and I haven't had that "muse".Physical pain has not quite brought the reflections into words as well as emotional pain did.
  • "Pain has not quite brought the reflections into words..."

That in itself sounds like a great place to start.

Remember, it's the reflections (sounds like a great title too!) that are put on paper that are important and at the heart. Organization and 'sense' come afterwards - just like writing a song! I don't know about poets, but for me and songwriting, filling pages of lyrical/storylines are the easy part. Putting in some form of logical sense is another story.

Just keep paper & pencil by your side at all times and write things as they come whether it be a single word or phrase. If it's a single word, write it down and then make a simple note to yourself as to why you wrote it.

Don't make it a chore, make it a reward! These things are important to you and therefore are most likely important to others as well (maybe not today, but someday...;>)
    -Jim

• Jim,

Thank you for the encouragement, it really made my day. am in severe pain (8-9) 24-7(2 weeks) -thursday- right now due to a gout attack and I am just broken mentally, physically.
  • Miki,
    I kind of knew you would post something if you see a post I made. I know you. I hope we can chat in chat sometime. I hope you are doing good.
    Love Always,
    Jess

Jim,
    That is the kind of writing I am talking about. Any kind of writing you can put a story togather is what I am talking about. Thanks for helping me respond.
    Love Always,
    Jess

Frustrated,
    I understand what you mean. Most of my poetry is centered around heaven. And that is basically what I think what an after life will be like. Just remember what Jim said. Just think of it as encouragment to keep writing and get your feelings out. Yes, I thought about sucide after my first few ones but you know what. It has helped those thoughts disapate. You will find out soon enough writing does help.
    Love Always,
    Jess
  • Has anyone wrote anything lately? I am writing a story right now.
advertisement