Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

6 1/2 weeks post-op and exhausted

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
This seems really strange to me, so I thoughts I'd put it out there for comment. I am 6 1/2 weeks post-op, and have been working full time (office job) for the past week and a half. I am thoroughly exhausted!

While I was off, I was walking 6-8 miles daily, and felt pretty good most of the time. Prior to the surgery I worked out 5 days per week, and was in very good conditioning.

Does it seem reasonable that I ahould be so tired at this point?

Thanks.
advertisement

Comments

• I cant believe you could go back to work so early, Its funny they think because you have an officc job that you can go back to work early... Sitting at a computer, stressing over stuff and dealing with work issues, is not easy, You have p ut your body through a great deal and you will not totally be healed for a long time. Be patient and dont over due it..... Walking 6-8 miles a day is a long walk, I got up to about 5 on my last surgery and Im trying to get to 2 so far on this one, (this has been a much tougher surgery).... Walking feels good though doesn't it?
    I cant walk just anywhere, because of my collar. and I wont be able to drive myself for 3 months.....
  • with Cyndi. I took a desk job after my MVA/ neck injury and it was harder on my neck than my previous more physical job!Couldn't get my docs to realize this.... :|

We Type A's tend not to realize just how hard surgery was on us til we try to return to work(as I discovered following both my spine surgeries)

New onset exhaustion following this return to work should be first run by your surgeon. You are postop with some medical history and your docs need to know you are not doing well with return to work, to rule out a medsurg problem.

Now if there's no obvious problem identified, could this be a fibro flare? When mine flares up I feel like a Mack truck hit me.

You sound like you were doing well; sorry to hear things turned for ya. Hope its nothing more than a short setback!

Best wishes always and please let us know how you do.
  • Just because its a desk job doesn't mean its any less strenuous than bending over and picking up boxes. ;) Definitely being so tired is normal you haven't been out of surgery that long.its going to take a while for your body to builds its strength back up.Good luck to you =D>