Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to this forum

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, I am new to this forum. I am a registered nurse recently diagnosed with Cervical DDD and Scheurman's Disease. I have been experiencing right upper chest pain that radiates to my right upper back. The pain has been constant for about 2 weeks now, and it literally drove me to seek medical attention. I have this horrible pain and pressure when I lay flat, or on my right side, but I cannot reproduce the pain with touch. I am scheduled for a cervical and thoracic MRI this week to rule out herniation. I am terrified because this pain is horrible, and I can't function very well. I currently work as a case manager, and I am also a student. I spend quite a bit of time on the computer, which exacerbates my pain. I am married to a nephrology PA who is fussing at me for taking Advil. I have to take 3 to 4 twice daily, in addition to rapid release Tylenol twice daily. I have never taken narcotics (except briefly after a c section), and do not want to start now. What alternatives are there? Have any of you suffered these symptoms? My family tells me to "suck it up", but that's not working. I end up crying quite a bit,........
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to SH. I am sorry to hear what you are going through. Getting acceptance from family and friends makes what we go through everyday especially hard.

Can you explain Scheurman's Disease to me? I haven't heard of it.

As for chest pain, that's a tough one. I am sure you've had lots of tests? Have they checked your gallbladder? I had chest back and shoulder pain when I had gallstones. Pain was made worse by eating fatty foods. Just a thought.

Have you tried Physical Therapy? Chiropractic adjustments? Just a few of the non medicinal options available. I hope that you can get the information you are looking for.

Good Luck
    Amanda
  • Hello,

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy and Stay Here!
  • :) hi! and welcome to the forum! :) we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i can feel your pain and your fear and frustration. please don't suffer needlessly when a pain medication could give you some temporary relief. i think they have alot of nerve to tell you to "suck it up!" i know you are trying your best and cant' believe what is happening! being a nurse i know you have to be careful of what you take. good luck and i hope to see you around the forum! Jenny :)
  • jani- welcome to the forum. Hopefully the cervical and thoracic MRIs will explain the pain you are experiencing. There are other conservative treatments to try like massage therapy, PT, ESIs, and more...I guess the MRI results will give the dr some treatment options for you.. take care..jade
  • we can all relate to the fear that you are feeling of the unknown. hopefully you will get the results back and find that it will be an easy fix. Good luck and please kep us posted.
advertisement