Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

one leg pain now two legs are in pain

terror8396tterror8396 Posts: 1,832
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Chronic Pain
i can understand before my fusion that i had sciatic pain in rt leg and butt area. pain went down from butt to knee. i had to supervise a football game fri night and as i stood and sat, pain was not only in rt leg and but but went into my left leg and butt down to the knww. also pain in lower back and in my surgery area from my L3 fusion in april. i know call dr and get mri, but before i do that i would like to get an idea why this is happening. why both legs and butt area now? i have had fusions in L4,5, and now 3. my L2 looked the best in june with no problems in it. what gives? any ideas. yes as i sit , i am calling ortho now!

thanks for the help
jon =D>
I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
advertisement

Comments

• I have sciatic pain. but mine is not real bad, nothing like what you are going through. mine comes and goes, I used to get it more often when I as able to drive. sometimes I would get it on right leg sometimes left leg, when mine flares up It sometimes goes all the way to my toes. sometimes just stays in upper leg.
    I hope you can get some answers to whats going on. just wanted to let ya know I will be thinking about you and hoping you get some answers..Patsy
  • thanks patsy
    just talked to ortho and they are going to give me an appt soon. they will call home ant let me know day and time. this has never happened at all. as far as i know everyting was fixed during last surgery. has stenosis, degenerative disc and herniated disc. they also did a decompression. i think i went back to work too early\
    jon
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • I had a TLIF/laminectomy in June to fix retrolisthesis, recurrent L4=5 herniation, L5-S1 disc bulge nerve impingement, facet arthropathy, and L3 benign mass. Everything was fixed but the last; they decided not to mess with it.
    Here I am in Sept., and my left leg started up with sciatic pain all the way to my foot. I called NS about it. Two days later they had no real answer for me; it was the same thing going on, nerve is swollen. It was suggested to me that I maybe need stronger drugs from pain mgt, and when was my next appt. WHat?
    I thouhgt this was a new symptom; I did not call expecting to be told that. I'm already on enough meds. I figured I may need an MRI. I did have a ct/myelogram in July;it was okay; don't know any details.
    I, like you, am waiting to get answers. My appt not until next month. I don't feel any better since my last surgery and I have this crazy notion that it's going to be the same again. Don't get me wrong, I won't give up. But it feels like I'm being or going to be passed on. :<
  • Hey Jon,

Sorry you aren't having too keen of a time right now. I hope they get you squared away soon. Something that came to mind is is it possibly hardware related? Just thinking out loud. Let us know what you find out.

"C"
  • thanks all for the support. called ortho yesterday and they were supposed to leave message about new appt. but of course they did not call, i guess i will have to call again today. i will keep all of you in touch with what is going on and maybe my problems will help others who are having the same problems
    jon >:D<
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.