Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Matters of the Heart
Hi all,
Could you all say some extra thoughts today and tomorrow.
I am trying to recover from a PLIF revision surgery L4-S1. My surgery was Sept 17th.
My daugther is so sick with the flu she is only 12. All she is doing is crying downstairs. I have to stay upstairs. I cannot get sick!!!!!! My pain level now is still a 8 or so w/ post op pain meds.
Oh the pain that would cause plus a ER trip.
Its so very sad to hear her cry and I cannot cuddle her like she needs. Dad is coming home early but not to early. He usually gets out at 4:30 he will leave at 4 as he has no more paid time off for the year. He cannot get sick either. Going to spray the whole house w/ lysol and I just gave her hand gel to keep using. Her poor little chest and ribs hurt so much.
OH MY GOD THIS IS HARD. :''( :''( :''( :''( I imagine some of you have gone through it. So you know what I am talking about.
Plus my bro in law in going to Boston for lung transplant for alpha 1 antritypine deficinacy ( sorry spelling) next month.
My mom' good friend who also has horrible back problems is also having liver issues. I think they DX with Hep C from years of drinking and drugs. Thank God he has been sober for over 20 yrs plus. All the meds are not working for him. NOt a good outlook.
So much all at once again. This all happened last year to me to with the first surgery except worse. With 2 deaths of my grams within 2 weeks of each other.
And the STRESS of trying to find money for oil etc. MAN OH MAN how is this world going to survive.
The news just announced the house turned down the emergency " rescue plan" as they call it . Sorry if I have it wrong.

Ok DONE VENTING.
I know others are going through a tuff time to right now..
Love to you all!!!!
Terri >:D<
Sorry just had to rant a bit.
advertisement

Comments

• that is just to much for 1 person to handle, I'm so sorry! sending hugs your way. Patsy
  • The cost of heating oil and gas is beyond control right now. I can't understand how we are supposed to live!!

You should try to apply for fuel assistance. It can be a huge help.

I am sorry for you and your daughter. I know how terrible it is to not be able to comfort your child! I wonder if you could get one of those surgical masks? I know it sounds silly, buy maybe you would be able to get a little closer to her.

I live in central Mass. are you close? Send me a PM
  • " This is the quote" "
    TerriJV said:
    Hi all,
    "Could you all say some extra thoughts today and tomorrow".
    below is LJs comment (sorry I messed on the quote thing)
    Hi Terri,
    I am praying that your whole house is in much better shape fast. I am so sorry you are going through this. It must be awful to have a sick child and not be able to take care of her. I know she understands but right this minute I am sure she just wants her Mom. My husband got a bad cold right after I had surgery and I was going nuts trying not to get it. I made him wear masks that he picked up at the drug store and I had my son and him keep spraying the lysol. I used the downstairs bathroom and I asked my husband and sons to stay out of it to keep the germs out. Worrying about getting a cold was bad enough but I can't imagine getting the flu.

Hopefully once your husband comes home he can set a lot of stuff up for your daughter. Maybe he could put a cooler with ice near her and fill it with stuff like gateraid and juice.

Do you have any friends or relatives who can come by during the day to help a little?

I hope that things rapidly improve and that is what I will pray for.

Waiting for good news from you,
    LJ
  • Terri,

thinking of you and wishing you a good recovery, and so sorry to hear that you are going through so much. Sending positive vibes to your daughter and hope she gets over the flu soon. I know it can make you feel so rough.

Take care and know we are thinking of you hun

Sending you love and gentle hugs, with lots of good wishes to you, your husband and your daughter.
    Love Danni xxxx
  • I will say a prayer for you..take care
  • of you. I know this must be so difficult for you as a mom and my heart goes out to you. I do hope that you and your hubby won't get it as well. Gosh knows you've got a lot to deal with and I don't blame you at all for venting. :(
  • Terri,

You have a long way ahead - you know that. You need to be very very strong.
    Are you taking the correct amount of pain medication? If your not comfortable, can you incraese your doaseage?

Prayers and cyber hugs to you and your family. You will come out the other side. >:D<

No 1 = Pain management - get some input / advice from somewhere - it will make your recovery sooo much better. You'll be spasm and carmping, preventing nurishing oxygen from healing your back if you stay in pain. I found my second op terrible and after 4 weeks of trying to be a hero, gave in and took stronger meds and not only did i get some restorative rest, i got some pain under conrtol.
    You need to seek some in put from somewhere, i think. Then you can jump on the road to recovery. You know its gonna be long, but in pain score 8 your not coming far. bless you .. >:D< >:D<
  • Terri,

You have a long way ahead - you know that. You need to be very very strong.
    Are you taking the correct amount of pain medication? If your not comfortable, can you incraese your doaseage?

Prayers and cyber hugs to you and your family. You will come out the other side. >:D<

No 1 = Pain management - get some input / advice from somewhere - it will make your recovery sooo much better. You'll be spasm and carmping, preventing nurishing oxygen from healing your back if you stay in pain. I found my second op terrible and after 4 weeks of trying to be a hero, gave in and took stronger meds and not only did i get some restorative rest, i got some pain under conrtol.
    You need to seek some in put from somewhere, i think. Then you can jump on the road to recovery. You know its gonna be long, but in pain score 8 your not coming far. bless you .. >:D< >:D<
advertisement