Today I was supposed to find out the extent of my surgery. My DO had expected my NS would decide on C-3 thru C-7 ACDF. What my NS said today instead was the latest MRI was poor quality.
He did say that C-5 thru C-6 are bad. He showed me a model of the vertebrae with actual screws and plate. I know he plans on ACDF C-5 thru C-6. He does not believe C-3 thru C-4 or C-7 warrant surgery from what he saw. But he wants an MRI done in a closed MRI machine to get a clear film.
That is ok with me but it is frustrating watching this process drag on. I had to wait one month for the appointment today. The surgeons secretary is going to see if my insurance approves this second MRI. The first one was done the end of June. If it is not approved he is going to do a discogram. I think that is what that is called when they inject a die and take pictures.
So, the waiting continues. His office is going to call me one week from today to schedule the closed MRI. The question is whether I will fit. They think it will be a close fit because of my size. Well, plus, I am somewhat claustraphobic. But I think I can probably shut my eyes and keep them shut during the procedure and maybe it won't be so terrible. LOL.
So, that's the latest. :W