I am still grasping at straws, trying to figure out why I have pain beyond what my doctors think I ought to have. I guess having an ACDF C5-6 that did not work, in other words: I'm still in pain - is not good enough. But I don't care what they think (too much) as I am constant pain and apparently "I" am the one to figure out what is going on with my lousy body.
Previously, I've asked about Fibromyalgia on here. I also went to the library and checked out some books including: "Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain" by Devin Starlanyl. CMP is like Fibro, but it is very different. Muscles hurt and pain can be on one side of the body and not the other. That is what I've figured out so far.
I know we should not post the same thing from another topic, but forgive me, it hurts to type and so I'm copying what I posted in my topic "Do you think I have fibro...". Here's what I posted regarding my health:
Here's what I have going on:
- I am a 48 yo female and have been diagnosed with DDD and have one herniated disc in my lumbar spine plus a failed neck surgery one year ago at the C5-6 level - it fused but the pain is the same as before.
- Standing hurts from the base of my skull to my tail bone and the pain only diminishes when I sit or lay down. My legs feel weak, but they really are not. I can walk normally, but must sit sooner than a normal person would because of the all over pain feeling.
- I have constant pain from my neck down into my shoulder, arm, and hand including weakness and numbness.
- When I do "too much" like vacuum one room, I will have an increase in pain and likely get a migraine headache.
- I have a sensitivity to smells, lights, and loud noises.
- Before pain, I was happy, hyper, and full of energy. I live in a somewhat foggy state thanks to the pain meds I need to get by. At least I am still height and weight proportionate and healthy (it seems) besides constant chronic pain. Ice on my neck and shoulder help a little, but not enough.
If you have or know anything about Chronic Myofascial Pain, let me know if I sound like someone who has this.
I much appreciate all the help!!!