Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

[heart]

LoLLo Posts: 694
edited 02/23/2016 - 2:23 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I just wanted to say THANK YOU to alllllllllll of you guys. I had been researching and reading up and whatnot for a year and a half before I finally found this site. I've seen other message boards and forums but nothing quite stuck. I actually told my Neurosurgeon about this board :) You guys are AMAZING. There is absolutely NOTHING more comforting than hearing from you guys. The experiences, the advice, the opinions, the laughs. Everything. It is by far the most helpful thing I've found this entire time. I feel like I've struck gold.

I really, honestly want you to know that I appreciate you guys sooooooo very, very much. More than I can say. I am forever grateful to you all.. Just for being who you are. Even through bickering or disagreements, lol. All families have some rough patches, right? But it doesn't change anything. You are all special and you are all important.

Just know you have made such a difference in my life.

And I loooooooooooooove you guys<3333333

BTW, if anyone ever wants to chat, and has AOL or AIM or what have you, my screen name is metalchic16

:)

Hope everybody is having as great a day as I am !
>:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
advertisement

Comments

• Glad to hear that this forum and our members have helped you so much. It was he same for me 19 months ago when i was a week out from my fusion and was really down in the dumps - then I found this place :)

All the best to you Lo, and keep posting with your progress... Bruce

(PS, so what kind of metal are you into? My boy is into thrash, black and death - has his own band)
    Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• I'm really glad to hear you also found comfort in your time of need :)

Thanks for the well wishes!

I also like thrash, black, death, progressive, hardcore, metalcore, etc... Ask him what he thinks of The Black Dahlia Murder, The Acacia Strain, and Children Of Bodom? Hehe :)
  • He's impressed! he is into Children of Bodom, Slayer, Slipknot, plus a bunch of Norwegian bands like Mayhem, Dimmu Borgir and a few others whose names I cant even pronounce let alone remember!

Have a great day, Lo :)
    Keep positive!

Bruce

• Sounds like you're doing great! I can totally picture the change in you just in your writing!!! I'm soooooo happy for you. I'm still doing great myself...it's all about the positive attitude and faith that there is life after pain! Keep it up!!!
  • ...of how a positive attitude makes such a difference when dealing with back issues, surgery and recovery from surgery. Keep it up!
    Keep positive!

Bruce

• Lo, I am glad you are doing well. I also am very grateful for finding this site and the great people on it. I wish I had found it before my surgery..but at least now I am getting information, and gaining from others' experiences! Keep improving! Donna
  • Lo said:
    I'm really glad to hear you also found comfort in your time of need :)

Thanks for the well wishes!

I also like thrash, black, death, progressive, hardcore, metalcore, etc... Ask him what he thinks of The Black Dahlia Murder, The Acacia Strain, and Children Of Bodom? Hehe :)
    choices in music genre....I always joke that I hurt my neck from too much headbanging (could quite possibly be true)....nothing like losing yourself in some great metal!!!! =D> I am really into the guitar aspect of metal....Alexi Laiho , as you know , an excellent guitarist...one of my favorites on a very short list.... :D
  • Well, if it's gotta happen some way... Headbanging to Metal isn't a bad one! ;)

There is a guy I know who is an AMAZING guitar player. If you get a minute, you should check out his stuff. http://www.myspace.com/mikeabdowmusic
    Don't be thrown off by his Meatloaf looking attire... He is in an 80's cover band right now (aside from his solo stuff) Hahaha!
  • Thank youuuuuu. I think about you a lot and it makes me happy because I know you are doing so well! You did so well before surgery, right after surgery, and now. Amazing :) You deserve it!
  • Thanks! :)

I, too, wish you had found this site before your surgery. I'm sure it would have been really great for you :( But you know, like they say, better late than never!
  • I have two heavy metal guitarists in the family. My 21 yo boy plays electric and my 18 yo plays bass and electric. Dad (me) just enjoys listening ;)
    Keep positive!

Bruce

• That's awesome :) I don't play any instruments, but my father played in a lot of bands when he was growing up, and when he was older he was asked to sing at a lot of weddings... He had a great singing voice to go with his guitar playing skills. He used to sing me this country song "My Maria" and play it for me on an acoustic guitar. I miss him :( Well, LOL, it's a bit off from Metal, though! I think it;s great for kids to have dedication to something productive and self rewarding.

Does your son's band have a site? I'm sure that link I posted earlier will be taken down in 2.2 seconds soon as a moderator sees it, but I honestly didn't know until just a minute ago that posting links was against rules or what have you. If he does have one and you can't post it, message it to me :) I'd like to check them out!
  • I meant to ask... Is your picture your son's band? I had looked at it a few times, but wasn't sure.
  • Lo said:
    Well, if it's gotta happen some way... Headbanging to Metal isn't a bad one! ;)

There is a guy I know who is an AMAZING guitar player. If you get a minute, you should check out his stuff. http://www.myspace.com/mikeabdowmusic
    Don't be thrown off by his Meatloaf looking attire... He is in an 80's cover band right now (aside from his solo stuff) Hahaha!
    am liking what I am hearing so far....I will check him out more as soon as I get some free time....thanks for pointing him out... :)))
  • On top of being a great guitar player, he is the most well mannered, respectful, caring guy ever. My ex-bf played in a band with him, and I've hung out with Mike countless times so I can attest to his character... He's a great guy. He's actually a math teacher for a day job :) hehehe. Hope ya like the music!
  • Don't worry, the link is not advertising any products or services related to spines or medications, so it should be safe. No, my avatar is not my son's band, its just something I pulled from the net. They don't have a website (at least that he has told me about) but he did cut a CD with his previous band. Our spare bedroom is set up as a mini recording studio - David is studying audio engineering at uni, music is his life.

Keep positive!

Bruce

• Alright. Haha. I was confused as to the link thing. Lol.

It's a cool picture... Especially since it's got the whole "screw" thing going on. Lol.

That's pretty cool.... You should tell him to make his band a Myspace. It gets bands a LOT of networking... An AMAZING amount, and also gets them out there to potential fans, and booking agents, etc... There have actually been some bands that have gotten signed to labels from myspace. A lot of labels have their A&R guys shop around there... More & more people are on myspace every day, it's a great place for him to get his band out there!

• Another metal head here, big on Neurosis(friends of mine), Red Sparrowes, Jesu/Godflesh, Gojira, Into Eternity, early Slayer, Mastodon --basically the more progressive, dark side with the old school thrash.

BTW my best friends step son(7 yrs old) is autistic as well and we have a blast hanging out.
  • got to hear Into Eternity along with Arch Enemy , Opeth , Lamb of God , Overkill , etc...at Gigantour 2006...they rocked.....but ofcourse I was mainly there for Megadeth!!!!!

Hey Lo , Children of Bodom toured with Megadeth for Gigantour 2008...unfortunately I didn't get to go to that one... :''( but going to Gigantour 2005 and 2006 was amazing....hours upon hours of awesome bands!!!!
advertisement