Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 months Post-op and feel GREAT!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Good News
This is my first post to this forum. I had been posting under the Neck Pain forum. I wanted to share my success story with everyone since this site was a big help to me during my ordeal. I had one level ACDF c5/c6 on 20 May 08. My NS recently released me to do whatever I want. So, I took it easy for the first couple weeks like he suggested. And now I am back to doing everything I used to do. Except now I can do it pain free. I recently took my son out riding ATV's and was back to jumping my sport ATV off some really big jumps. I am also back to playing golf and bowling. I am also in the military and I am back to doing my normal PT routine, I run a 5K in the morning and do weight training after my run. I feel great and the pain is gone. I know my results may not be typical but I wanted to at least share this and maybe it will give hope to someone.

I will try to give a quick recap of my issues. I was in a MVA in Jul 98 where I fractured my C7. After 4 years of complaining about shoulder pain, I had right shoulder surgery on May 02, the bi-cep tendon was torn completely from the bone and rotator cuff was torn pretty bad also. This took 2 years to rehab from. Towards the end of the rehab my left shoulder starting hurting really bad. Found out I had torn the Labrum and rotator cuff. Had surgery on this shoulder in Dec 05. Took just 6 months to recover from this one. Went back to Iraq Jan-May 07 and when I returned I started having extreme pain in my neck and back and numbness in my left arm and hand. Found out I had bone spurs C3-C7. The largest was at C5/C6 which is where I had the fusion done.

It has been a long road and I have tried to keep a positive attitude which can be very hard when you are in pain. But I am very thankful to God that I have recovered and can go back to lead a normal life. I know my case is not as severe as alot of the people on this site and I just pray that all of them will get the relief they so desparately need.

JT
advertisement

Comments

• =D> =D> =D> Thanks for Sharing =D> =D> =D>

Julie
  • ATV after only 4 months!!! =D> Congrats! You are very lucky and you must be in excellent shape! The doc wasn't concerned how that activity would affect your other disks?

• Excellent news, JT. Thanks for posting your success story. Keep up the great recovery... Bruce
    Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• I know it seems quick but I told my Doc once he released me that I would be doing that and he said I would be okay. And I have not had any problems. He did tell me to moderately start doing my previous activities. Which I did for about 3 weeks. Believe me though, I know how lucky I am to be able to get back to doing those things again without pain. That is why I wanted to share and hopefully encourage someone else if they are struggling. If I can help anyone please let me know.

Take care and God Bless.

JT
  • is such wonderful news indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us all.....keep up the great work!!!! And thank you , thank you , thank you for your service to our country....be safe and well....take care.....Miki
  • Thank you for your kind words. I noticed that you are from Georgia. What part? I am stationed at Robins AFB.

JT
  • jthomas92 said:
    Thank you for your kind words. I noticed that you are from Georgia. What part? I am stationed at Robins AFB.

JT
    are only about 3 and a half hours from where I am....I live on the coast right outside the Florida line.....small world.... :)))
advertisement