Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hello...a 36 hrs till spinal fusion

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in New Member Introductions
:SS Hi everyone.
My name is Missy and I have been having spinal issues since 1992.When I finally got a dr to listen to me and not judge me due to age. I have DDD, herinated disc, chronic nerve damage (left leg), spinal stenosis.
Discectomy in 1997. Epidural injections, PT all been done and tried. Now its Fusion time, OK I wanted to make a laught there. I went thru neurologist and orthopaedic surgeon. Both said same. Hummm.
Family heridity..sister & uncle both has had discectomy. My uncle is still having pain and going thru treatment. I have decided to take the surgery road.

On Thursday, lumbar fusion on L4 to S1. MAST/TLIF. Overnight stay at hospital. 8-12 week recovery and therapy plus wear a BGS for 6 mos.

I found the site and been reading on the message boards. Educational. Im glad that there are people that have been through all this and makes it easier to cope with all this.

Scary at times. But all is going to be ok.
:SS
advertisement

Comments

• Good luck on Thursday! Go in with a positive attitude and your recovery will be easier. It will be hard, and you will regret it for about the first 2 weeks after surgery, but that's normal.

I am almost 6 weeks post op my 2nd fusion and I am now wearing a BGS. I LOVE it lol. I don't know if everyone else is like this, but mine helps alot with the pain. I hope it's the same for you :).

You've found a great site here. I've found everyone to be helpful. Whether it's for advice or for a shoulder to cry on or just to vent so you don't explode.

If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to ask ;)
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you sound prepared and ready to go. good luck and i hope you have a quick and flawless recovery. let us know how you are as soon as you feel like it! Jenny :)