Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Link to my awesome back brace

advertisement

Comments

• It's a great brace. I tried it for two weeks. I already had numerous other braces, (some insurance paid for, some I did) so I couldn't justify paying for another one. the back store where I bought my pillows and awesome tempurpedic bed and other things lets you try things out before you buy. and the guy was bragging on it and wanted me to try it so I did. I think it's a great one and so small compared to others I have. I was one that got a big bulky one after my fusion, but only to wear when I drive. and I'm so glad I have it to drive with. It doesn't have any padding-- that's my only concern for you... but I can't remember if you're having front or back? I need padding cuz my incision can still get sore all these weeks post op (cuz of being cut 2 times into the same incision 2 times post op!) maybe you can put a small towel over the incision if you need more padding post op.
  • That's pretty cool you get to try stuff before buying it! I had surgery in the BOTH the front AND back. Stitches in the front, staples in the back. I don't really notice any need for padding. I wear it over my clothes. Maybe that makes a difference. And I pull the string thing really tight so basically my clothing does serve as the padding I guess, really! Lol. My incisions really don't hurt too much... Mostly my INSIDES. UGH! Lol.
  • where've I been? you had surgery already? wow. hope it went well. I've been off the board a few days obviously! you're doing great if you don't need the padding as far as the incision goes. of course, you're not driving yet. I have only worn my brace post op driving and that's when my incision hurts the worst. and I didn't drive for 9 weeks cuz of my 2 extra surgeries. but maybe my incision hurts still because of the extra surgeries! so hopefully you'll be just fine with that brace. :)
  • just read a couple of your post-surgery posts. glad you're doing much better. I honestly stayed away from the board for weeks after my surgery and didn't post my first post til I was much better cuz my experience was so sucky I didn't want to scare people before their surgeries! so I understand all the crap you went through. I was starving, too. one nurse told me if I had more meat on my bones my hips wouldn't hurt so bad and I was like, if you had decent food I wouldn't be starving to death and I'd have more meat on my dang bones!!!
    lol!
  • Lo, I wanna see your brace. Can you send me a PM as Paulgla has edited your link :( Yep I had the busty brace, and I am weaning now. I went to a 3 hour award ceremony without it and boy I was missing it bad. Ended up standing against a wall, as was way too long to sit yet. Ouchie back tonight, not surprise. Take care, Sue
  • I will send it to you right now. I didn't know we couldn't post links... Otherwise I obviously would not have. Lol.
  • If you can't post the link is it possible to post the name of the brace or something that would help me find it? I would love to see it.
  • I will get the site and message it to you. Gotta google it again. Haha.
  • hey lo, would you be able to chat tonight about the surgery? i don't have AOL but i think we can chat on this. i'm having the same procedure as you next Monday and have a couple of questions for ya. sounds like you are hanging in there!
  • Hi Lo,
    Could you PM me the name of your brace? I would also love to see it.

I'm so glad you are doing so well! Yay!! >:D<

• What do you mean we cannot post links? This is not allowed? Why was it edited? Actually it sends you to a an actual website.
  • Thank you for posting that!!!
  • I don't know exactly why but we can't post links to products or companies or something? I forget what it is. I didn't know that when I posted this, though.
advertisement