Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help now please just home

ellineellin Posts: 188
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I just had a cervical ablation and woke up during the ablation from sleep Dr. not giving me enough meds. Woke up after more meds given to me crying in 20 plus pain level. Dr. said he does not give pain meds is that nuts. Had this ablation done on lb and nothing like this took 2omg of oxycontin have ice on neck and in such pain. Should I go to ER I am lost please help me
advertisement

Comments

• So sorry for what you are going through. I wish I could help. If it were me I would go to ER or at the least call the dr. I had different surgery, and pain medication worked well for me, if it hadn't I would have been all over my doctor as to why I can't get something else.
  • im sorry for what your going through. I f i were you i would not hesitate to get to the ER as soon as possible.
    Good Luck and keep us posted
  • My head is killing me bad bad headache. My fold were to take me and they were not home had to call a friend to drive me home because I had to get to the center. THis all started off terrible. Still can't find the folks either. I am going to wait 10 more min to see if the medicine works if not off to ER> I do not think I should call this Dr. that did this what is he going to do the idiot could not even give me any pain med while I had the IV in
  • I would definitely find someone to take you to the E.R. if you are hurting and it is at the unbearable stage, then you have to do something about it. Don't risk it. If you are in that much pain, then you won't be in your right state of mind to deal with whatever happens around you, and you need to be. I can't believe he wouldn't give you ANYTHING. After my fusion I cried my eyes out because what they gave me wouldn't work but they kept ignoring what I said and just doing what they wanted. Sometimes they have an attitude about it. If you have a different hospital to go to other than the one you had your surgery at, I would go. If not, still go. You shouldn't have to suffer like that! I'm sorry you were treated so horribly, and hope you get some help!!!
  • Thanks on the way to ER my head feels like it is going to burst. What could have gone wrong/??
  • Waiting on someone to take me to ER isnt that something. What a deal this is. I never expected this pain. And my head too. o
  • Update got hold of the folks and they will be here in 5 more min. Going to ER. Get this one called the Dr. who did this ablation because it states on the paper if you experience certain things to call. So, I did and speak to the answering service and she says the Dr. does not take after hours calls :O I said why is this number on the paper to call she says its only for Dr's of hospitals that if I am having a problem go to ER what the heck. Have to go folks here THANKS TO ALL OF YOU GREAT FOLKS >:D<
  • You won't see this to you get home. GLAD YOU WENT TO THE ER. Remember there is always ambulances to. That way your in quick. They can start a IV with fluid and usually morphine.

?????????Sorry not to be dumb what is a ablation??????? Is it just a procedure like a injection????? or a actually operation?????????

Feel better ellin no one should have to suffer. Sorry there is always a DR on call. Even if its not yours.
    I made them call mine in the hospital at 2 in the morning I was paying them, them not me.
    At first I was like no I do not want to wake them. Then Im like heck they screwed up in pre op testing with my med list they never put down soma after giving them a list and telling them twice the morning of surgery to the nurse taking history ~X( ~X( ~X(

Let us know how you make out when you get home. Your in my thoughts.
    Terri O:)
  • Hi have ablation done on my lumbar spine; actually seeing the PM doc Friday. It is actually simply burning the nerves that send the pain impulses; typically for arthritic conditions. I am asleep, then he wakes me up to ask me if it hurts (when he inserts the needle) to locate the exact spot then go back to sleep...sore afterwards and it takes a couple of weeks for the nerves to "shrival" up. pain relief can last a very long time; sometimes permanent. mine usually help for about six-eight months. this is a link: http://www.pain-docs.com/painprocedures/radiofrequencyablation.html

Elllen, hope they are able to help you at the ER..please let us know.
  • Ellen, I am so sorry your having to go through all of this! How awful this doc did not give you any meds while they were burning the nerves. I have heard this is a very very painful thing to have done!

I hope the ER staff has got your pain under control and since it is now Oct 2nd maybe your home and comfy.

Sending you out a sof but gentle >:D<
    Let us know how your doing when your up to it!!!
    Chrissy
  • Hello all you great humans that understand what's going on. I just wanted to first thank you from so much from my heart. I am so glad I had a place to post I was in a bad space. My folks took me to ER they did a ct of my head all ok. Gave me so much meds I went to sleep #:S was asked if I wanted to stay for pain control and I was ready to go home for the folks were so tired. I could not even keep my eyes open @) I was trying hard tho for the folks anyway came home went to bed and how I did it I have no clue I went to work. I work in the field so no boss and can stop if need be. OK so, get a call from the surgery center asking how I am I told them I ended up at ER and how dare you push a PT. out of your recovery area because you all want to go home when I was crying a river in pain. I asked did you even go tell the DR. what was going on with me??? She said that my Dr. does not do med pain control. I said OH well maybe you should have waited a bit with me and told me I needed to go to ER or call medical help not let me go home only to have to go threw more crap at home. I hung up she did say that I should call my Dr's office. Well, I just did that because now I was pissed. I spoke to my Dr's nurse and told her what happend and she said oh well, you should have taken some meds with you. =)) thought I would die hearing that. You did not tell me anything I just thought it all would be the same as the Lower back. I also said on the paper the surgery center gives you it says call the Dr's office with the number if you have any of the listed problems and I did only to get a lady from the service telling me that the Dr. does not take after hours calls. I have never in my life heard of this. She said well that is true and now it is going to change because we have had other issues. Oh my she told me she was sorry for what happend and was going to call the surgery center to find out why they let me go in such pain. Mind you I have been their at the surgery center 8 times in a short period they even know me by my first name :/ and I never cryed and was always wanting to go so, this was way off balance for me. Well, I can go on the main thing is all is ok. My neck is just sore which is normal and headache for sure gone. Funny thing the Dr. at ER has had ablation (burning of the nerves) done on her neck almost every 6 months I should of asked who her Dr. was. She related so well with me. You know more people have these injections, ablations, and surgery than We or should I say I know. Again thanks for all your support. Hope your day was a good one. Blessing and big hugs to you all.
  • What a jerk of a doctor. And after you told them you had trouble getting put out for procedures, etc...they couldn't give you a little extra pain medicine to be on the safe side??? I'm so sorry you went through this! :(

Glad its all better now. I have heard these are painful...what is wrong with doctors who won't medicate for these things???I would report him for inhumane treatment to the medical board. SERIOUSLY. :O

Hugs to you
  • sorry to hear you didnt have enough pain meds,that is why i tell people to ask their doctor for extra pain meds.my doctor did give me extra pain meds when i had mine done...
  • letting us know how you went. I just cant belive you went to work the next day! :jawdrop:

Blessings Sara O:)
  • =))

I am soo glad you are ok. Why oh Why don't ppl listen? IF for a meesley second, they has stopped and listened and heard what you had said, someone would have sussed you hadn't been adequately pain medicated. }:)
advertisement