Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Almost 4-mos post op...

JerseyJJersey Posts: 53
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello everyone.

Haven't been on much lately, but just wanted to let everyone know that it has almost been 4 months since my c6-c7 ACDF on June 9th, and I've been back to work now for almost a month.

I'm feeling really great, even lifting some things, and no issues. Oh course once in a while, I do notice I get a little "feeling" in my throat, but nothing much, maybe just a reminder to take it easy I guess.

First week back was tough getting back into groove, and of course my neck was somewhat tight. But now I am turning my neck more and more, and looking almost like a normal person again.

For those of you that just had, or are about to have surgery... Good luck!

Looks like everything was successful for me.
advertisement

Comments

• Thats wonderful Jersey. Glad to hear that some people have great success with this surgery. Wish you the best. >:D<

Cindy
  • Thats great Jersey! Glad to hear everything is working out for you. I'm almost six months out and doing well also,so much better than before.I still have some issues that i'm working on in physical therapy but its coming along and i can say with a 100% confidence that surgery saved my life. Well keep up the healing. =D>
  • Hello

I am almost 2 weeks ..will be tomorrow..from having my c6-7 acdf. Mine was done for a bad herniated disc that came on suddenly. Can anyone tell me how long it has taken them to be able to lift things. My job requires me to be able to lift 50lbs and can't return til I can. My surgery has helped me so far. I had severe arm pain which is now mostly gone. Still have weakness but hopefully over time that will get better. If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated, it's been pretty difficult to deal with.

Thanks Melissa
  • good luck with that one LOL :D I'm almost six months post op and can only lift ten pounds right now.I've had a three level done so i don't know if there is a difference or not. and i was extremely week when i started therapy after surgery. everyone progresses at there own pace as well.there are limits that the surgeon puts on you after surgery usually ten pd. for the first few months.
  • I am so glad you have mede a good recovery. Just be careful and enjoy the experience of being pain free.
advertisement