Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Risk from spinal compression

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Spinal Stenosis
I have recently been diagnosed with spinal stenosis. I have four cervical disc protruding on my spinal cord of which C4/5 and C5/6 have been diagnosed by two neurosurgeons to need a two level fusion.

My concern, I was originally having pain that caused me to get an MRI and then started Cervical traction, and that along with reduced "weights" during my workouts have seemed to take most of the pain away. I can simulate head movement that will cause "electrical shock" sensation to go down both arms. The tips of my fingers on left hand do tingle.

I hear about the paralysis risk of being in a car accident ..etc.. Should the above simptoms (risk of paralysis) and "electrical shock" be enough to get me to the operating room?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks, Craigr
advertisement

Comments

• Hiya Craig,
    Welcome to Spine Health we are here to help you >:D< . We can only tell you about our personal experiences, then you may be able to learn from us :) . I do know with stenosis, the pain can go with some movements 8} . The surgery has to be your choice :/ if you are not happy with what the doctor says to you , you can always go and get a second opinion, before you make your decision :S .Any surgery poses risks :? . Good Luck! Keep us posted :H .

Angie x