Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain,weakness and numbing

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
Have to have neck fusion due to C4-7 herniated discs. Pain, numbness and weakness in arm and hand. Sleeping with pillow between arm and body also effective. Not quite sure why.
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to spine-health,good luck with your surgery.....
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can.good luck on your upcoming surgery. you are fortunate to have found an effective way to sleep. i hope to see you around the forum! Jenny :)
  • And Welcome to the forum! I'm new here too.
    I had a multiple disc fusion too in'06. C5-C7.

I just have a question, if you don't mind.
    When you said "Not quite sure why" What were you referring to, sleeping with the pillow, or the pain, numbness and weakness in arm and hand?

*_________________________________________________________*
    Multi-level cervical fusion @ C5-6, C6-7; C3-4 is protruding w/o cord compression; T6-7, T7-8with left foraminal stenosis;T8-9,T9-10 foraminal stenosis bilaterally,T10-11 disc dessication with disc protrusion w/cord compression; T11-12, disc protrusion w/cord compression; T12-L1, disc protrusion w/noncapping spur w/sac effacement; L1-2&L2-3 have spondylitic changes; L3-4 broad-based disc bulge; L4-5, partially dehydrated, broad-based disc bulge, moderate central & left recess stenosis. Mild left lateral recess stenosis. L5-S1, Disc bulge,facet arthritis bilat. stenosis, disc protrusion noted into the left neuroforamen with contact to the left L5 root.
  • I am a very new member here. I have read several posts, and I would really like to get some opinions on my recent Dr's visit.

I have been having pain in my left hip down to my knee and my toes are numb. I had an MRI, and since then my fingers on my left hand have started to go numb. I am being referred to a neurosurgeon. My Dr. said that I have quote..."Mild degenerative disk disease at L5-S1 and Moderate degenerative disk disease at T11-12 with significant mass effect on the ventral cord causing new moderate spinal canal stenosis." In english my Dr. said that instead of swelling outward, it is swelling inward. He gave me pain pills, and didn't tell me to take it easy, or give me any instructions on exercise. Of course, I was to shocked to remember to ask any of these questions. I have not gotten the appointment for the surgeon as of yet. Should I be completely worried or is this not as big of a deal as I am making it?
  • hi i'm pete and i do the same thing with my pillow. it's a lot better having the pillow inbetween your head and your arm. you get less pressure on those oh so sensitive nerves.
    i sure hope the surgery gives some relief. keep us posted. a lot of us have been in the shoes you wear
    pete >:D< >:D<
advertisement