Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Spinal Fusion Blog.

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in New Member Introductions
I have decided to have a spinal fusion. In doing research to see what to expect, I wasn't able to find many personal accounts of what the experience is like. I have decided to blog about my upcoming procedure. Feel free to follow me at http://boltedbionicwoman.blogspot.com.

I hope it will serve as a good resource for others.
advertisement

Comments

• I think this is a great idea.

I've got my op on Monday (6th) and am going to keep a diary/blog about it. I did the same last year when I went on the two week rehabilitation course and many people found that of use. My output won't be as expert as your own, but it will be interesting to read anothers experience at the same time as my own.

Does anyone know of a blog site that is simple to use?
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. thank you for the link to your blog. i am sure it can be of use to fusion patients. good luck on your upcoming procedure. Jenny :)
  • hello, after 3 years of progrssively incresing pain I turned my head 180 degrees driving and entered into a pian level beyond imaginable. 48 hours later went to emergency room 5 days later had C3-C7 surgery with 4 implants and platinum plate, screws, etc. I awoke clear minded at 2:00 AM in hospital and it felt like a STOP Sign had been put in my back. I had never taken a pain medication stronger than Tylenol in my life. The nurse said my surgeon had me on 5mg hydrocodone every 4 to 6 hours. Everything has happened so fast, I never has a post op discussion except to wear the neck collar, avoid blunt trauma. I am taking care my 3 & 5 year old boys and working 12-14 hours a day since I left the hospital. I am in constant, intense pain driving my blood pressure to average 190-130 range. I am clueless and overwhelmed with responsibilities, did I miss the word "bed rest" ????
  • Bolted woman, I am interested in blog but cannot find, has it been moved? I know it is a year later... but would have thought it would still be avail. ., pls.let me know, I am 4 weeks post op today! Laura
  • I am also interested in this blog as I may be having a two-level fusion at L4-5 and L5/S1. Janesalz - Can you tell me how your recovery is going so far?
  • For those of you waiting for a response:

I am not 100% for sure, but I THINK the user who started this thread has not been around the boards recently...
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
advertisement