to have my fusion undone or not??
Hi everyone im looking for advice as most of you will all know i have had a fusion but i was toiling with the idea to have it undone .im still not sure what to do.......only na little while ago i had decided no more surgery.....alot of u know that i sent my mri scans to a surgeon in germany and he said that my fusion canbe undone[I AM ONLY FUSED AT THE TRANSVERSE PROCESSES, I STILL HAVE MY DISCS AND I HAVE NO METALWORK IN, I AM JUST FUSED WITH THIS BMP STUFF.IT GROWS NEW BONE]......JUST INCASE ANYONE WAS WONDERING ABOUT A FUSION BEING UNDONE, I have spoken to the surgeon just the other day and he said that the bmp stuff is feasible to remove and that its not really doing anything[although it has eased my pain in the lumbar but just moved it on up becaus ei think the surgeon who operated on me straightened me a little i think.well he said he did and another surgeon who works at the hospital said last week he didnt he just fused me in the position i am in which is a scoloisis position btw]
Anyway this surgeon said that i do have a narrowed spinal canal and that he could remove the bmp and open up the spinal canal and make more room for the nerves but im scared.i dont want my spinal canal opened up although he nsays that i do have stenoisis on one side.........all i want is this bmp taken out and the fusion undone because i did not have any nerve compression before this fusion..............a surgeon at our local hospital looked at my mri and said that he thinks this stuff has overgrown..............but would it still effect nerves even if my spinal canal wasnt opened ..........i know my case is complicated but the weakness is getting really really bad and extremly scary at this stage.............i just dont know weather or not to go and let this surgeon undo all this and maybe end up worse...............but i think im my heart of hearts that it is this fusion that is the problem, but im also concerned that if he takes the bmp out that more will just regrow??
I cant do anything anymore and feel worse each day.also when thuis weakness comes it like weakens all the muscles in my legs and arms would compression in the lumbar effect the whole body, also im having alot of chills like im really cold...i would really appreciate opinions as this time i am either going to have something or nothing done but i know i have to make a decision...........i had decided no more surgery but.............well then i think would it help me or anyway how much worse can things get?/ thanks again everyone