Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new post-op problems?

inafixiinafix Posts: 158
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Please tell me what you think. You can read about my surgery in my siggy. I started PT at 8 weeks. Since then I have new and different pain up a bit higher. I shrugged it off to muscle pain and ask my NS for more pain meds(after starting PT). He gave me a lower dose which is fine. Doing okay, I am still very uncomfortable at times and using ice and heat everyday.

Today I go in for my 12 week x-ray. I get the disk and have a look as I always do and it has been put on a disk with my x-ray done back at 6 weeks which includes the radiologists report. He states that the hardware is there and it is all good but then he says "Mild multilevel lumbar spondylosis is seen above the level of fusion" That is what I am a little freaked out about, this is new news to me. I follow up next Wednesday with my NS but I was wondering what your opinions were. Who here has spondylosis? I had surgery for spondylolisthesis to begin with. Spondylosis seems so broad......

What is wrong now????????

Help.
advertisement

Comments

• I know it is hard.....but I would not freak out until I saw the surgeon and asked him about it. I know that "Spondylosis" is all over all my reports too. I am not even sure what it is-I guess I should google it. Anyway-my point is-no need to worry until you see the doc. One of my stomach xray (taken in the hospital because I could not stop throwing up) showed that I have a "dialysis catheter"-I have NEVER had dialysis-so I was freaked out. Turns out the reports were "misread" somehow-at least that is what my primary said. Hang in there and try not to worry!
  • Hi Kelly-Jo, Spondylosis is not directly related to spondylolisthesis. Have you ever had any other pathology mentioned about your spine above the fusion? Remember all those radiologists often have different interpretations from each other and from your surgeon. I wouldn't worry until you talk with your surgeon. He may very well say it is all normal. Take care, >:D< Sue
  • Hi Cali-Sue and Shay

This is the first mention of anything in my lumbar region other than where I had the work done. I do have a mild herniation in my cervical spine that is not really a problem. I have decided not to sweat it until I see what he has to say. I had thought about it being read by a different radiologist but it is the same one that has done most of my films. At least it is just a few days till go go back to my NS. I actually have quite a list to discuss with him. I hope you are doing well. Thanks for your input.

Kel