Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L5-S1 micro and still in pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello all,
Well i had my 2nd micro this year on L5-S1, i have DDD in L4-L5, L5-S1. The first surgery was Jan 08 on L4-L5 l5-S1 and second surgery was Sept 4 2008 only on L5-S1.
Well my first surgery most of the pain went away for about a month until i started experiencing new pains. This time around the pain never went away. This surgery has also been the most painful recovery i ever had {9 surgeries later}. When my surgeon told me this surgery would only relieve the back side of my right leg i thought it would at least help but the walking problems havent improved yet! Majority of my pain is in my right knee shooting down to my toes. My shin bone is sore just to touch and i get burning feelings thoughout my bones. My legs shake which was something that never happened before. Both of my legs, calf's down, tingle majority of the time .I also was told i have bursitis in my hip, could anyone explain that? But some of my other health problems could be factors in this.
Im a 23 year old female, 5'8, i have diabetes {type 2}, high cholestrol, TMJ, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, ostheoarthritis, DDD, Herniations L4-L5 C5-C6.
I've been experiencing some hearing problems lately and had my ears tested last year and they were perfect, could my neck be factor or diabetes or both? Thanks for taking time to read my complaining lol...
Brittany
advertisement

Comments

• You can complain all you want, Brittany, that is what we are here for, to share miseries and experiences, good or bad. For a young person you sure have your share of problems. Did the doctor say that any of these are related? As far as your last surgery, that was only about a month ago, so you just may need to be patient, things may get better. But if not, or if you experience new symptoms, by all means, call your doctor, don't suffer in silence. Sometimes all you need is an explanation that it is quite normal during this stage of your recovery.

Take care!

Hope you will feel better soon,

Kin