Hi saw NS today(female standing in for my actual surgeon to help move waiting list along.)she identified that the Disc at C5/6 is bulging quite badly in addition to the osteophyt at the same level. She feels I require surgery to remove these and will replace the dic with a cage.
She informs that it will release the nerve pinching and help the more sever pain and pressure on the spinal cord.
She is clear however that I will still be in pain due to the spondilosis throughout my cervical spine. On examination she identified muscle weakness and numb areas on left arm which she advises will also be permanent.
They will take me inot hospital the day before surgery to have further tests, Xrays etc as they want to ensure my neck is stable, if not will also use plate etc. I will also be ket in at least 3/4 days post op.
She did not seem interested in my sciatica though did find numb areas on my right leg.
Waiting list is some 2 months, good old NHS at it's best. I will take any cancellations which come up. Oh lord I never though I would pray to have someone cut my throat!! :T