Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Off meds pre surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I've been off of the Mobic (anti-inflammitory) for 2 days now in preparation for my 10/15 surgery. Wow, I forgot how much it helped me. I remember NOW! My neck is killing me, my occipital headaches are back and I just want to go curl up and take a bunch of vicodin, but can't because I'm working. I could take 1/2 a vic every 3 hours and cope with taking the Mobic and Lyrica but HOLY CRAP, I've still got 12 more days. :''(
advertisement

Comments

• That must be very difficult. How much longer do you plan to work, up to your surgery? Could you ask your doctor to give you something for the pain and headache? There should be some alternatives for NSAID's. If all else fail, can you take the 1/2 Vicodin every 3 hours and still function physically and mentally?

Good luck coping, but maybe you can get enough relief to survive till your surgery.

Sending you good thoughts,

Kin
  • what that was like. Thankfully I wasn't working and had pretty much prepared for surgery all that I could do so I was able to rest.

Just get as much rest as you can and if you need to finish up at work a little early then do. The better condition you are pre surgery the better you will coming through it all.

Blessings Sara O:)
  • Awww, sorry you're in so much pain. I can't imaging living with out my SOMA or my Naproxen at this point. I have good days and bad days. I hope you can get through this and good luck during your surgery. Keep us posted k? :)

Sandra
  • hang in there hun.
    anyway you can carpool with someone??? that way if you can function ok with your 1/2 vicodin you don't have to worry about driving if you don't want to. instead of suffering.
    there are awesome headache meds out there. i am trying to remember the name of the one i had and its at the tip of my tounge and do ya think i can remember it now :? :?
    the dr RX'd it. it was not a narcotic and did not contain any motrin.
    if i think of it i will write it down.
    do you have any heatwraps you can use at work?? i have one filled with lavender etc that i heat in the microwave for my neck and shoulders awesome while your working.
    plus you can make them to. with a sock, rice and you can put a scent in it. if your crafty that way :D

hang in there sweetie it will be here before you know it!!
    and you will be home recovering...

huggies
    terri >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • I've been taking 1/2 a vicodin every 3 hours to get thru work, but when I get home I take a full one with a soma at times, and my whole body just crashes.
    Yesterday I was talking with my CFO and I said something like he was going to "f" someone, I just couldn't finish the word "fire" , so he laughed and said what's THAT supposed to mean? They've been really understanding, but I can't use up my paid time to take time off now, because I'll need the paid time when I'm off for the surgery. It sucks. I'm greatful that my employer allows me to work "under the influence" @)
    I've been getting occipital migraine headaches every day, so I've been taking Axert. I'm already on Topamax for migraine prevention - so much for that! :/
    Tomorrow is my daughter's 21st birthday - so no rest this weekend!
advertisement