Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

my MRI says.....Please Comment on what I am in for

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi guys,
Apparently I have a couple of bone spurs one being very large :| . My chiro says that my cervical bones are self-fusing.
Please help if you have heard of this or can lend any INFO to myself. I am seeing a neuro surgeon next week. THANKS!:

1. There is a 5mm lateral dsic/osteophyte that appears to be heavilly calcifiedarising from c3-4 iinterspace projecting dorsolaterall producing some mild mass effect upon the ventral aspect of the cord with moderate spinal stenosis and high grade formaminal stenosis on that side. Correlate with signs and symptoms of right C4 radiculopathy.

2. C3-4 unusually largespur on the right of the disc space and protrudes posteriorly from the C4-5 endplate at 5mm contacting and slightly twisting the cord and flattening it ventrally on the right side over a short distance.

3. C5-6 No focal nuclear protrusion, spinal canal or high grade stenoses.

4. C6-7 Disc degeneration is noted with prominet anterior spur but the spinal canal and foramina at this level are widely patent.
advertisement

Comments

• Sorry your having issues. Yes bone spurs can be very painful.
    Your already on the right track with having a drs appt. Let them describe to you their opinion on the best course of treatment for you.

As we are not qualified to read MRI reports.
    And all different types of Drs and even Radilogist are going to explain in different terms.

I want to wish you the best of luck at your appt and please let us know that they say about all of this.

Take care and feel better soon
    Terri O:)
  • Had a good appointment with the NS today. He saw no urgent need to go in and remove my bone spurs. Since my major pain/impingement 2 weeks ago my pain has been about a third less. He says he could give me a cortisone shot if needed. My C7 is still very sore with a small spur but the nerve bundle has plenty of room. My nerve bundle between C3&4 does have compression from a realy large spur which is causiong my last 2 weeks pain and numbness. He would lke to see if it continually gets better. I have a follow-up appointment in 2 weeks.

I have had good trigger point release and accupuncture to help a little. My range of motion is slightly better and I will go into the pool with a snorkle soon.

Hope to keep apprised with all of your posts and I will allways be appreciative of your INFO and support.

Happier times for all!