Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

1 Year Post Fusion & Decompression Surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Good News
Hi

I just wanted to share with people that understand....my 1 Year Post Fusion & Decompression "Anniversary" was on 1st October! I am happy that no one (apart from my Mum) has mentioned my milestone....I must be doing a good impression of being normal! =D>

The past year has not been easy...it has been a real rollar coaster what with crashing my car (pre op thankfully!), the operation, splitting up with my partner, moving house, coming back to work and trying to fit exercise in. It has also been cycles of feeling great back and leg wise and then feeling awful again...my last real scare lasted 6 weeks when I got really bad leg pain like pre surgery, but thankfully I began on the journey up last week! I am currently feeling great!

My new home is lovely, I have managed to go on holiday, to rugby games, visit friends, I can walk, Swim, do Pilates and I am starting a new educational course via work...I am feeling happy. I don't know how long it will last, but I appreciate the way I feel today :)

I am glad I had my surgery - my back and legs are not perfect, but I can walk and that is the most important thing to me :)Things will never be perfect (I still suffer pain, exhaustion and have times when I feel like I can't cope any more), but there is hope...just ride out the bad times and hope that the good times are not far away.

Wishing everyone good times soon :)

Best Wishes

Anna B)

L4/L5 & L5/S1 Fusion and Decompression Surgery With Instrumentation 1st October 2007
advertisement

Comments

advertisement