Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Overactive Bladder'Lumbar Spine

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
Has anyone heard of lumbar mass causing overactive bladder symptoms? I originally presented with sciatica sympotoms down my left leg. After some tests they found a "cystic-like mass in the left lateral recess behind the L4 vertebral body of my spinal column." The mass is sitting on or part of the nerve root. L3-L4 disc protrusion was also detected. Since last winter i have been experiencing what i would call overactive bladder symptoms, urination urge increase, urination multiple times a day, no leakage. I'm a 23 year old male. How likely do you think my spinal issues are causing the bladder issues? Any advice would be truly appreciated.
advertisement

Comments

• Hiya Jack, >:D<
    Welcome to Spine Health Forums :) , there is also a chat room 8} , people with the simular issues as yourself use the room , they are all very friendly :) .I can only give you advise on my personal experience as i am not a qualified physician :| . The mass that is sitting on part of the nerve root is what could be the cause of your bladder weakness :O .what medication do you take? :/ Has anyone ever mentioned stenosis to you ? :/ Here is a link HEALTH/LIBRARY MayoClinic.com I hope i have been a help to you :) . Please keep us updated about how you get on . :H

Angie x
  • You really need to make sure your doctor knows this. You could be suffering from beginning stages of cauda equina syndrom, which is considered a medical emergency. One of the signs of this is bladder weakness....good luck.
  • Greetings and welcome to Spine Health. As far as whether or not it could be the root of your problem ... only your doc can tell you for sure. I would highly recommend you see your doc about it. Also in case you aren't aware of it, men in your age group are at a greater risk for testicular cancer. So any time you have "issues", whether they seem bladder related or it's pain in other lower areas, it's important to see your doc about them.

"C"
  • Not sure but I sometimes have an overactive bladder. I say sometimes because it isn't always overactive. When it is though, it seems I don't drink alot of fluids but still manage to urinate alot, don't know how weird that is.
  • Hi, I think you are suffering from overactive bladder problem..For this problem there are many bladder control products and training programs, which you can regain the bladder control!!

Previously my friend also suffered from severe overactive bladder problem,he supposed to use these bladder products, now he is free from that..You can also try it--)
advertisement