Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hi newbi here

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Fibromyalgia
:H hi i just happened 2 come across this site as i was searching for problems after spine surgery as i have just had a laminectomy/discectomy and have a lump over my scar and am in a lot of pain, i also have fibro so was surprised to see the section for fibromyalgia. I got dx about 3 years ago now, and am lookin forward to coming on the site, i wont go on too much as its nearly half 2 in the morning so hi to everyone luv donna
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to spine-health.....
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. there are some of us up in the night so be sure to check out the "Sleep Problems" forum. i am sorry you are still in pain after your surgery. good luck in finding appropriate pain relief. i hope to see you around the forum! Jenny :)
  • Hi Donna, and welcome to spine health.. Patsy
  • Hi -

I'm new to this forum and found it when searching for info on end stage deg disc disease. I've had fibro for 18+ yrs and have used Aleve and a muscle relaxer but heat's helped most. Now I am recommended to try lyrica but heard it causes you to eat more and you gain weight. I am trying to lose, not gain, so I am reluctant to even try it. Anyone have news on this? Thank you in advance!
  • katp, hi! :H i am on 300mg of Lyrica daily. i have gained about 30 pounds. but the relief i have been given in my sciatic pain is well worth the weight gain. i am taking the weight off, we have a weight loss forum, so i would really suggest you try and get the relief you need. welcome to the forum. we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. check us out! you are sure to make new friends suffering as you are. Jenny :)
  • It seems they all go hand in hand :))(

Take Lyrica

Go to Weight loss thread

Go to sleep thread

Or vise-versa,but I too am trying to lose weight.Picture me here though.Overweight,slow typer on pain meds tryin to keep up..and fallin asleep,or NOT,because I'm either wide awake and can't sleep or I get so tired that I finally just crash.. I)

Donna~~Welcome to Spine Health.. :H ,hope to see you around :)
  • That doesn't appear to be a bright picture painted for any of us. I need to lose 30 pounds that I put on after I was injured but it's impossible to do with the pain. I feel like a cat chasing my tail! ~X(
  • :) I'm tired tonight and didn't sleep very much last night at all.I really meant that last post as a joke,but unless you knew me I can see where it would look glass half empty.Actually I meant we are pretty lucky to have all of the different types of threads/discussions to choose from on here... <:P

Nothing is impossible,but some days are tougher than others is all.

Welcome to Spine Health~You will find a lot of support here to help you catch that tail,and we all have a lot in common.. :H

• welcome katp and donna!!!!

sorry to hear you both have the dreaded ms fibro as i call it :D

lyrica well it does help alot of people not all.
    i personally have tried every single med they dose out for fibro.
    they all made me so nausea's that i lost weight.
    it does happen to some of us, then you have others who gain.
    so you actually won't know until you ask your dr and try it.

i was on cymbalta, amtriptyline, neurontin, lyrica,lexapro, effexor etc etc etc that are being used by alot of rheumies now.
    wish there was one thing that worked for me..
    i wish you continued sucess in trying to find the right treatment for you both!!

>:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
advertisement