Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

One Year Ago Today

trinurttrinur Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Good News
Hi Everyone,

Well one year ago today I had a 360 degree fusion. Although the road to recovery was a long one, I am back to work full time, biking long distances and walking five miles three to four days a week. It was the best decision I ever made and wonder why I lived in pain for so many years.

There is not one day that I look back and regret and want everyone to know that there are sucess stories. Do your homework, find a doctor your trust and lean on family and support of others who understand what you are dealing with.

Tuesday, I will go in to see my doctor. Fingers crossed that fusion is complete and I will be completely released except for yearly check ups.

If you ever have any questions please feel free to contact me. This site was such a support network for me doing my most difficult days. I think of all those who helped me often. Each of you has a special place in my heart forever.

Trinur (Sue)

advertisement

Comments

• What wonderful news! I'm so glad your fusion was a succes & that you are (mostly) returned to a full,productive & pain-reduced life!

That is my dream as well--I'm 9 months out, feeling lots better & also agree w/ you (even tho I;m sure you still have some difficult days, as do I) that is was a great decision & have no regrets about deciding to have the procedure.

Hats off to you! Glad to read about your happy ending! (Or continued healing,whichever!) :)

~Lakeside, awaiting that magic "One Year" in January....
  • Hi and congrats on the one year. If you remember mine was on the 2nd for the 360 fusion. It certainly helped to have you to go through this with and all the others for support.
    Tomorrow I get the rest of an EMG done and next wednesday will see my surgeon with the results from an MRI on my foot and ankle and the EMG and nerve conductivity study.
    I am glad to see you getting back into life. You certainly worked hard to get there.
    julie
  • Hi Julie,

I read your signature line. So what is going on? Looks like you have been through the ringer. I am sorry you are still in pain. Is the nerve damage from the fusion or did you have this pain before the 360 Fusion? I think about you often and am sorry I have not kept in touch. I work full-time know and my life is exhausting. I am hardly ever on the website but on a computer all day at work doing accounting. By the time I get home computers are the last place I want to be.

You were my support line as well. Remember our surgery thread - it was so long... :))) with good people supporting us. Do you hear from anyone? I saw JSBadger was still posting and am sorry she is still having so many problems.

Everything changes even this website. It is a little confusing 8} Please let me know if I can help or just listen. I will send positive thoughts your direction. I hope you get this resolved.

All the best - take care

Lakeside - thanks for the post. Glad to hear you are doing well. I will let you know Tuesday night if I am totally fused...fingers crossed :S

trinur /Sue

• Its nice to hear you are doing pretty good after 1 year, I bet it has been a long year for you,
    well I just wanted to say hi and welcome back. I never new the old board. Just this one and I think it has been a wonderful place for many reasons 4 me,
    Big Smiles to you for your one year mark!
    Patsy
  • Hi Sue

Congratulations on your "anniversary" - mine was on 1st October so I know what a milestone it is =D> I am glad someone else has had a good experience after surgery - it hasn't been easy but has been worth it!

You are lucky to be having a 1 year checkup. I was released by my consultant at 6 months so I will never see the final scan of my (hopefully) fused back! I guess the treatment in the UK is different to the US. I would be happy seeing that I am totally fused, as it would lessen the panick when my pain flares up and I fear the worst. Never mind!

Congratulations once again!
    Best Wishes

Anna O:)
    L4/L5 & L5/S1 Fusion and Decompression with instrumentation 1st October 2007
advertisement