Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anybody out there have these symptoms?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hello everyone. I have been experiencing upper thoracic back pain for some time now on the right side of my back. It is a constant pain, there all the time. Sometimes it burns but it is always itchy in that one spot.

Anybody have these symptoms and can tell me what is wrong?

Thanks for your help.
advertisement

Comments

• Thanks for the welcome and a response. I have gone to the doctor and have had nerve conduction studies done but htey don't seem to know what is going on.
  • Hello, just want to say hi and welcome you here, Patsy
  • Have you had an MRI? I have also had pain, burning, and feeling uncomfortable, usualy after standing to do dishes, or actually standing to do anything...I just atributed it to compensating for my lower back pain, (just above my bra line), I was reading through my last MRI report 10/07, and it stated I had a hemangioma on level T10. Never heard of it and the doc never addressed it cause I never complained about it. They typicaly dont worry about them unless they cause symptoms ie numbness... I searched the net for answers, and they are fairly common for middle aged women. That happens to be one of my problems, but you might insist on having an MRI, so you know for sure. They are painless, and depending on what they are looking for they last about 45 minutes and you have to lay real still. Good luck to you I hope you get some answers. Rose
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,721
    I am glad others have welcomed you to Spine-Health. I am sure you will find your stay here beneficial.

In terms of your situation, have you been diagnosed with any specific problem? Was the nerve test you mentioned an EMG?
    Have you had any other diagnostic testing?
    Based on clinical examinations follow on testing might be in order. But never insist on having a specific test done. Many times that is the quickest path to alienated a doctor.
    Its hard for many of us to make many comments without knowing more details about your situation.

And always remember, the comments you receive here at Spine-Health are NOT formal medical advise, instead it is opinions from members personal experiences.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thank you all for welcoming me into your forum. I appreciate your comments. Yes I have had an EMG (nerve studies) done. Massages seem to help for a short period of time only. I have also been to a chiropractor. The pain seems to be off to the right side of the spine and inside. I do not think it is muscle pain.
    :)
  • Hello grandma Vickie,
    Welcome to this forum. It's quite interesting how other people's advise can be benificial to one and other. Now..about your pain, do you have any redness or rash? Have you had any falls or accidents?How long has this pain been bothering you? Where exactly is your pain in your back? Upper? Mid? Lower?
    I'll wait for your response and try to get back to you :)
    Hope you feel better soon...

Chris
  • Hi Chris
    Thanks for your response. I have no redness, and no rash. The pain has been here coming and going for over a year in my mid back. I have had no falls.
    Grandma Vickiee
advertisement