I read many of your posts and can relate to a lot of them.
I'm 28 years old and in good physical condition, ran marathons and did mini triathlons until March 2007. I went to put on my clothes, my back blew out (ruptured disk L4/L5) and life has never been the same.
I would like advice/opinions on what to do next. It seems like I've done almost everything. Are there any others out there that are similar predicaments???????????
1. I did physical therapy for 4 months (summer of 2007)- Some improvements but never complete pain relief.
2. I had 3 Epidural Injections (October-November 2007- Felt good for a day or two.
3. Had Microdiscetomy February 13, 2008. Nearly all of my spasms disappeared, Leg pain is for most part non- existent, but never quite experiencing back pain. Progress definitely plateau around week 11.
4. I had minimal PT following surgery (6 sessions March 2008)
5. PT during month of June 2008
6. Felt in gut something wasn't right. Had another MRI which revealed there is a small rupture. Gone for 2 more opinions, no one is willing to operate at this point because leg pain is gone.
7. Just did first caudal steroid injection. Dr. said if it lasts more than a couple hours then my nerves are finally having a chance to settle down. 4 days out its the best I've felt since this all began. It was instant!
Will this last permanently? What should I do next? Has anyone tried acupuncture and had success?
At this point I've given up on running again, but have found other alternatives. I've also given up on living without pain. Can any of you relate?