Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical Stenosis linked to Thoralumbar spinal region?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I recently went through a rating board to have my neck condition added to my thoracic and lumbar spine regions. I was some what surprised that the VA denied this and stated that there was no link to my neck condition when in-fact I had an injury some 17 years ago carrying a very heavy cruise box. My partner dropped his end of the weight and left me with the brunt of it. Needless to say, I felt a paralyzing feeling go down my back to my lower back. 16 years later I was diagnosed with severe cervical stenosis C3-C7. I also have a bulging disc in my T6-7 as well as my L5-S1. I am now in the process of appealing this decision and I am looking for anyone who can provide me some medical documentation or opinion relating to
my dilemma. Can cervical stenosis be linked to the thoracic/lumbar spinal region?

Please provide guidance...

advertisement

Comments

• First let me say welcome to spine-health. There is a wealth of information to utilize here. You may find it helpful to use the search feature in the upper right corner. As far as what your describing i have no idea if they could be related or not. Is it possible for you to get a independent evaluation utilizing the private sector? I'm not that familiar as to how the VA works and the time limits for claims. I do wish you luck though in finding the answers. Keep us posted and welcome to spine-health.
  • are you asking if you can have related pain in the thoracic and lumbar area that comes from you cervical spine or are you asking if the other discs could be caused from the accident that you had? i had stenosis in my cervical spine C4-c7 and i had symptoms all over my body from my neck down to my feet.My neurosurgeon told me it was all related and i found out for sure after i had my surgery and i woke up and the pain that i had for five years in my legs and feet was gone. i think thats what your asking.