Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Is SH suddenly bigger?

I went to post a topic, and suddenly everything on SH is HUGE. Is it my firefox... or just making changes in SH today?
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,740
    Amanda.
    I dont know, everything looks the same to me
    Is it the Fonts, Videos or what that looks bigger?
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Everything on SH is definitely BIGGER. (On my browser at least) All other pages are normal, just SH. I have to scroll over to the right to read an entire post, and fonts are much larger. Even smileys are much bigger??? My husband noticed from across the room...

(When I scroll over, the box that the posts are in take up the entire width of my screen)
  • Just wanted to put my 2 cents in, I'm not showing any difference in font size. I use Internet Explorer.

:D
  • definitely looks normal in IE... but every other page I go to using FF works fine... :?
    to me in both Mozilla Firefox (release 3.0 now) and IE7.
    Would it be possible for your to get a screen image and send it to me?

Alt-Prtscrn
    then Paste to a word or other document
  • Hey Amanda..

You know what's funny...at times I have used the strong or cite to make emphasis on a word or phrase...and then the entire thread --the rest of the thread would be strong or bold,even the links on the left and my smilies would be sideways if I happened to use THAT cite one.So now when I want to put emphasis on a word I just use CAPS because it's too weird looking at EVERYBODIES do like mine...

Does this even make sense.I've wanted to ask about it before but was just waiting until someone else posted a similar problem.Your problem is not similar I suppose,but I was wondering if you had used a <cite or any tags at all recently???

:?
  • But I think it changed right in the middle of the post. My keys have been sticking, so I thought maybe by some chance I had changed the font size in internet options or something. But I went to other sites, and they were normal. Is it possible that I changed font size to 'large' for just this site?
  • My post did'nt even finish because I tried using a cite and now things are sideways(but only on the bottom of the page)

(now I previewed my page and it's fine :W )
    I suppose I'm not so computer savvy after all.

I see your bar at the bottom on your screenshot...so I'm assuming you have to move the bar to see the page b/c I don't have a bar.Also I don't even know HOW to take a screenshot.
  • I googled it! LOL... I have a key, up at the top of my keyboard (F11, F12, Print Screen, Scroll Lock etc) Just hit print screen, open a program such as word or paint, and paste (ctrl v)

Then you can upload the 'image' to where you'd like... pretty neat actually! :D Learn something new everyday!
  • And my post is cited (sideways)..lol.So if I just TYPE cited it goes sideways now???

I don't see how you could have changed your settings without knowing..but I suppose anything is possible.I just only learned a few years ago to never say never so...who knows.Looks like Ron left,went offline...maybe he's checking things.It seems they have made a lot of changes to the site in just the past month though..and it's weird that my words are cited only because I typed the dang WORD. :))(
  • I know that sometimes when I am typing, my Shift key sticks, or I hit the Control key, and things pop up on the toolbar... there are also some "hot keys" (eg. ctrl+alt+del) that can make things happen... which is why I wonder if I changed a setting somehow... I dunno, maybe re-starting my computer will fix it??? Its not really a big deal, no other pages are like this for me :?
    I asked you to get for me. No question, the fonts are bigger and almost every one is bold.
    When I look at your screen, the Spine-Health post view is larger than the rest of your Firefox fonts. As I am typing this post, I can see that my fonts, words, etc are basically the same as the rest of the page.
    I use a lot of the Input Format tags that can be used here for Bold, Colors, underlining, etc but I cant duplicate what you are seeing.
    This is really puzzling me. In releases of Mozilla Firefox before 3.0, you could easily change the text size with the view tab. Now with 3.0,the view tab offers a zoom function which operates differently than changing the font size.
    But looking at the total picture here and reviewing the scenarios, I would say its nothing with Spine-Health.
    1. Looks fine in Internet Explorer
    2. I have viewed Spine-Health pages with 7 of my computers, each with different versions of browsers and things look fine.

But that does not explain why with your computer things look fine using IE and other sites look fine when you use Firefox. This is something I would really like to debug.
    Let me see now, this would be a long distance for me to do my computer house visits!
  • IE and that sometimes happens to me. The page goes all the way to edge of screen, icons are highlighted that I have recently been to. I thought you guys were just working on site and I jumped in at right time. It goes away as soon as I go to another page. I kind of like the full-screen deal.

Are all the post's here in italic's?
    No Ben, all straight normal fonts.

Just to make sure everyone sees the Input Formats:

Bold

Underline

Italics

Red color

Increased Text sizes
    Quoting someone
  • I don't know if you have a scrolling mouse or not but try this...

on any one of the pages of SH hold down the ctrl key and move the scroll on your mouse forward and backward. Scrolling forward will make everything on the page get bigger and scrolling backwards will make it get smaller.
    Maybe you had your finger on the ctrl key and did this already by accident. Or maybe your ctrl key is sticky and this happened. Hope this helps

~Jenni
    as Jenni described. I use that many times when I find a page that is too small and cant read it.
    Its one of the fastest ways to zoom in/out
  • Thanks Jenni! That fixed it!! My control key has been sticking... pulled it out last night and cleaned it. I figured it was something silly like that! 8}

Thanks for all your help guys!
  • I still see yall in italics-ever since I hit cite way back until right after post #7.All cited.

This is all italic on my page as well-(but not my other pages)

Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.

Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
    You can use BBCode tags in the text. URLs will automatically be converted to links.
    You may quote other posts using
    tags.
    Textual smileys will be replaced with graphical ones.
    More information about formatting options

• you're very welcome Amanda :-) glad I was able to help.

~Jenni
  • Not SH-Just this thread Ron.It always happens in a thread when I use the tags to put emphasis on a word or phrase.That's why I only use caps now in other threads when I try to make emphasis...because I often wondered if others saw the page as I did,but at least now I know that I did'nt mess the whole page up for the rest too.That really would have been bad.

Whenever I use the cite or strong tags it does this-I've had entire threads go BOLD on me,but only AFTER I used the strong...so I don't use them anymore~but yesterday I did b/c I was telling Amanda here in her thread.The subject was only slightly similar and I wondered if it had ever happened to anyone else?
  • Whenever my BF gets up I'll ask him to take a screen shot to show you what I mean.Not that it's any big deal to me,but if you did'nt know about it you might be interested.

Even YOUR post --every post after #7 looks this way to me now,but only on this thread.
    the tags that you use
    You did not end your tags... Once I removed the tags, there was no longer any italics on follow on posts.
    But this is still strange, that says to me, if one person leaves an open ended tag, it will follow on to the next post.
  • Yep-Just as I read your post now it is in italics.I guess because I had used the cite way back at the end of post #7.

This happened to me many times and I was going to ask about it before,but I almost never start threads-I usually look for similar threads to find answers.

I looked around to see a while back,if this had ever happened to anyone else-or rather if anyone else had ever started a thread asking about it and could'nt find one and never saw anything about it so I just quit using the strong or cite in posts.

Personality flaw/trait-I generally choose my battles or things that seem like worrying/stressing over and this just seemed unimportant.I actually thought I was doing something wrong,but only yesterday decided it might be a flaw here on the forum page itself..because all that I did was use the cite to use emphasis.

It bothers me though that it does'nt seem to happen to anyone else.Am I suppose to CLOSE something when I finish...maybe it is me then...lol
    is to ensure that any tag that is opened is properly closed.
    All Input formats, bbcode, xhtml depend on an beginning and ending tag. Without that, you will get unpredictable results.

What I did find alarming is that your open-ended tag, not only put your post into scripts but follow on posts. It as if the posts are one continuous statement.

So, there are two concerns here:

1) That you had an opened ended tag which caused the italics. This is something you should watch for in future posts.
    2) That is being carried forward to follow on posts. This is something I will take forward.
  • I'll be careful in future
advertisement