Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm up tomorrow...L4/L5/S1 Ant/Post (360) Fusion...YIKES!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Although i'm not looking forward to what the upcoming weeks hold, i am looking forward to feeling better long-term and getting these pitiful discs removed from my back. Hopefully no more leg and foot numbness or pain. My surgery isn't until 12 noon. I was hoping i'd be earlier but it didn't happen.
This forum has been great to follow along with others as they are living with this too. Thanks for sharing your stories and giving me advice. I'll post as soon as i can next week...hopefully sooner rather than later! :)
advertisement

Comments

• It was scheduled for 12 noon but I was n't actually taken back until 1:45. The waiting sucked. I had to be at the hospital at 8:30am to get my platelet transfusion and bleeding medication by IV. After that was finished at about 12:15 I got nervous as I waited...and waited..and waited..I was starting to get very grouchy..LOL.. I hope your morning goes quick for you. I'll be thinking of you!
  • croswet- best wishes for a successful surgery and quick recovery too :) ...jade
  • good luck on your surgery tomorrow. O:) O:)
    mine was scheduled for 11 got there at 9:30am. well low and behold he was behind a hour.
    so of course the headache started, nausea etc.
    they were awesome, brought me straighT back to the O.R. holding room from my pre op room.
    gave me meds WHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. i don't know what the heck happened after that. they kept me comfortable.
    so once you get there if you start having issues as in nausea etc TELL THEM!!! i know all hospys are different. one i went to for my kidney they were awesome and adminsterd drugs before you even went into the OR my hospital i go to the most is a waiting game. @) :/ :B
    in my opinion they should start your IV asap. which they couldn't with me due to my veins till a smart one came in and did it. and make you as comfy as possible while waiting.
    HELLO HOSPITALS ya can't eat after 12 at night, your straving, your nervous, at least they can do is respect that.
    ok RANT =)) =)) =))
    you will do just fine!!! if your meds don't work after most nurses are awesome and will get you the comfort you need.
    most likely you will have a cath in. and a patient controlled pain pump. diliadid is my friend. my hospy is getting away from the morphine as the effects are not as great anymore.
    i felt like a million bucks while there. thats why i went home so early.
    i just so wish for you they did not have to go through the front and the back for those levels. i still do not understand the concept of that from drs.
    but they are all different on how they "perform"
    YOU HANG IN THERE, GO IN POSITIVE, AND YOU WILL COME OUT POSITIVE.
    your going to have your tuff days and your good days. it will be long, boring and feel like its never ending in recovery. BUT YOU WILL GET THROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <:P <:P <:P ;) ;) :X :D :*
  • Croswet, good-luck to you tomorrow. Think positive thoughts and before you know it you will be on the other side with the rest of us. It really does go by fast. Ask for a pain button if they don't hand one over, it is great for those first couple days. Walk as much as you are able and take those stool softeners ;) I'll be thinking about you, Cali-Sue
  • My surgery was at 730am and I was taken to the E.R. right around then maybe a little earlier. No time for anxiety.

You are ready for this, girl! I know you are prepared and you will do wonderful.

Honestly it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I heard horror stories and was expecting to be in hell for weeks, but that was not the case. My stitches in the front still suck but my back is doing fine. I feel great already :) I know you will do wonderful! And hubby is prepared? Did you give him the tips I gave ya? Haha.

I will say a prayer for you tomorrow, darling. I wish you the best >:D< Let me know, when you feel up to it, how you are doing!
  • I'll be thinking of you as I'm not due until LATE AFTERNOON

Although it means I can eat until 7am - so early breakfast for me

Hope to catch up with you soon
    xx
  • you guys are so encouraging and it is exactly what i needed!! hubby is taking me to IHOP at 11 PM so i can get my pancakes in before midnight!! love to all...
  • I know your surgery will go splendidly tomorrow. The hospital folks will keep you nice and comfy and you will soon be on the mend!

advertisement