Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

This time tomorrow my 1st op will be over... 3 level fusion 2 x adr

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all :H

As I'm in the UK most of you will be asleep (hopefully painfree) when I leave the house tomorrow, so I thought I'd say ta-ta now

Like croswet I'm up tomorrow for the first of 2 surgeries. My posterior fusion at 3 levels and one disc replacement tomorrow - late afternoon UK time. 3 1/2 hour surgery and as said he's using stem cell rather than bone graft, and I hope to give you all the info when I come home

Then on Friday 10th I have anterior disc replacement of S1/L5.

I've packed books, DS, knitting, note book/diary, audio tapes all for the boredom. Also prunes/apricots/plain biscuits/fruit squash/boiled sweets for the obvious BM and sore throats.

I hope you all keep well and remember to rest and take meds - or Terri will be on your case!! We love her, don't we?? =))

Thank you all for the help and support that has enabled me to get this far

Keep Smiling
Snoops

:H :H :H :H :H :H :H :H :H :H :H :H :H :H :H
advertisement

Comments

• Good luck with your surgery tomorrow...
  • Hope your surgery goes well. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Wishing you all the best, I will be watching for your updated posts. Rose
  • I, too, had my surgeries on different days - one on July 21 and the 2nd on the 23rd. My surgeon thinks it is easier on the patient than one long surgery. Anyway, I don't have much memory of the day in between as I think I mostly slept.

But the hospital folks kept me really comfortable as I am sure they will do for you!

I am curious, however, so will just ask. I noticed you said you had packed various foods. Will they let you have food/drink that you bring in yourself? I noticed that my nurses kept track of everything that went in and out of me! Maybe they would have let me food other than what they gave me and I just was not smart enough to ask!

• me never ever would i be on anyone's case about meds and rest =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

you will do great <:P <:P <:P

im curious about the food you said you packed to???
    are you not coming home after surgery?? are you staying with someone else????? :? :? :?
    or did you mean you had that stuff for home????
    i know lots of questions. =))

if you are packing to bring to the hospital most likely you won' be able to use that stuff. i mean all hospy's , countries are different that is for sure.

BUT you most likely will be on liquids for the week. if they are doing two surgeries.
    not good to have food in that belly.

even with just mine on was on liquids and was not able to eat till the day i went home. i got mac and cheese for lunch whooo hooo yummmmy NOT =))

let us know especially if you see this before you leave or i will go nuts wondering 8} 8} 8} 8}

take care
    good luck
    your in our thoughts O:) O:)
    post as soon as your able so we know your ok!!!!!!!!!!!
    NO BENDING TWISTING TILTING LEANING CLEANING NOTHING AT ALL =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

lots of hugs and kisses
    >:D< :* >:D< :* >:D< :*
  • Good luck Snoopy! I will be thinking of you tomorrow! Get lots of rest and keep us up to date!

Kim
  • Good luck Snoopy with your surgery, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers tonight. I doubt you'll be able to eat those things till you get home, but they will be good once you are. Also, I was so tired/sore I barely watched the hospital TV, even with the Olympics starting, so that reading, knitting, etc. may have to wait for brighter days, but you'll be set when you get back home :) >:D< Sue
  • good luck and good luck for each surgery. i will pray for a sucessful surgery and pray for a sucessful surgery again. i will wish u a speedy recovery in advance.
    God bless all
    kc
  • Up early to have a little breakfast before I go in. I can eat until 7am and drink until 9am

I've not had any resrictions here with foods before. I've 4 days between surgerys, and no one mentioned a liquid only diet either (now I'm worried - stress makes me eat) :SS

But - if I can't eat them, I'm sure I'll have a visitor or two who will help out =))

Also - I'm extra prepared and taking everything on day one so that I don't need to ask hubby to bring anything. He'll have enough to do working, cooking,supervising 15yr old daughters homework! and then visiting me (45 mins from hosptal each way) 10 days is a long time away in a single hospital room - and although it's nice and private, I'll only have me to talk to :(

ANyway - need to go Thanks for all the love and support
    :H :H :H :H :H :H
  • Take care and do as your told! >:D<
advertisement