Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hell week

meydey321mmeydey321 Posts: 2,435
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi everybody,

I think things are going down the toilet. I've been going to PT and this week they tell me I have mad zero progress. I'm up for my 30 day review with them. NO progress, the insurance company won't pay, and I'm dismissed with an F on my report card to my NS.
Next week will be my 4th week. I was worked hard on Friday, and this weekend I had out of town plans to see family. I went into terrible muscle spasms in both legs and bad back pain. I cried most of the way until the Norco and Valium kicked in. I was a mess when I arrived, and I was layed up the entire time. The way back was the same.
I'm 16 weeks out of a TLIF/laminectomy, and I don't know if this is normal to go thru. Why am I having sciatica in both legs now?
I appreciate any ideas, Thank you :<
advertisement

Comments

• :) perhaps that was alittle too soon to be traveling and having such plans after surgery. having pt and then heading out of town was going alittle overboard! :T perhaps you need to call you doctor and get some rest and some more rest after such a trip!! Jenny :)
  • First so sorry your going through so much pain. I totally relate but I am really early out in my revision PLIF so here is a hug for you >:D< >:D< >:D<

Make another appt with your surgeon. 4months is still a tricky time for some. It can sometimes take forever for nerves/muscles to heal.
    I actually called about siatica pain/numbness that I did not have before surgery. My surgeons office said it was normal. Its going to be awhile before they can make a assement.
    But everyone's case is different. It may of been to long of a trip for you sitting up. Not saying you can not do that by no means.
    Last years surgery I went out Black Friday shopping all day and paid dearly.
    Giving a F in Physical Therapy well I have no ideas on that one. Iv never heard of such a thing. You can keep up with your exercises at home per your dr without going. I did that with my neck. As I only had 6 weeks worth that the insurance would pay for.

Hang in there get some calls in and go from there!! They may want more tests.

Good luck THINK POSITIVE ;)
    Huggies
    Terri >:D<
  • You guys are right. I thinks since we made no stops for me tor stretch might have played a role too. It was only 1.5 hour drive. I think everyone realized it was too soon.
    As far as PT, I think I'll know by Friday or whenever my evaluation is, what they'll do about me. I'll try to do a little of it at home until the pain calms down.
    I do have an appt with PM this week, and I'll see what they recommend. They have called in steroids for me for flare ups in the past.
    Gee, Terri, you sure have been thru a lot. I hope your recovery goes smoothly this time around >:D< >:D< >:D<
    I hope one day they'll give me an MRI. Let us know how your tests go.
    Jenny, we should all get together and go shopping on Black Friday. I have a feeling we'd wind up in the hospital :) Take it easy >:D< >:D< >:D<