Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain meds

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi first time ever posting. Just realize how lucky I am 9+
years with this stuff 3 fusion all went badly and my PCP
has always prescribed all the meds I need. Of course I have always used only one doctor. But he explained it to me like
this: You are no different than people on oxygen as it is
their lifeline so are your pain meds. No difference and as
he said don't ever let anyone tell you different. Yes your
body will of course become tolerent and adjustment made. So
up some down. But I would no more take away your morphine
and oxycodone than I would take away someones oxygen. But so
much of that is because he understands and I refuse to take meds from any doctor but him. Even when I had fusions I told
doc to give me enough to get back to him and he will take
over. They look at me like I am nuts. But He has never let
me down. When ever I make a mistake he works around it
because I have never hid it. I wish all of you could be so
lucky. I was under mediicated for 3 yrs. As he said to me
no wonder you couldn't keep everything straight. U wouldn't
put a bandaid on a cut that needed to be sewn up. Why then
would you give hydrocodone5/500 for something that needed
no less than 180mg morphine daily. He also told me he only
fears the DEA when his patient use numerous clinics and
doc and pharmacies. He says he can't fix it if he doesn't
know it is broken. So this may not help. But be honest and
use the oxygen pain med comparsion. He says it is the best
arguement around and that any good doc can't wiggle around
the issue.
Pain managed+9 now would be happy to respond to anyone
that wanted more info that he gave me. Don't give up there
are docs that know and will help if we play by the rules
advertisement

Comments

• I'm glad you're getting some pain relief. :) Welcome to spine health. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • hi welcome to spine health.

so glad you have a understanding dr now and your pain is undercontrol.

it doesn't work like that in every place that is the sad thing. no matter what story line is brought up to them.

im trying a new one that is a bit closer to my house but after that one out of options. right now im just on meds for post op pain.

not one primary in my area will continue pain meds for long term no matter what the issue.
    nor will a ortho or NS even after doing surgery.

i wish you continued success on your journey of "pain" and that it is kept well under control. ;)
    there needs to be more drs out there like yours O:) O:) O:)
  • GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOUR PCP IS A UNDERSTANDING PERSON. MY OWN SURGEON JUST BACK IN AUG TOLD ME THAT DUE TO MY AGE THAT I WOULD NEVER GET ADEQUATE PAIN RELIEF. HOPE ALL IS WELL....
This discussion has been closed.