Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Traveling? Ideas?

MissPiggyMMissPiggy Posts: 76
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Chronic Pain
My husband and I are going to drive from SW Arizona to Dallas Tx. approx 2400mi.round trip. Any helpful suggestions for comforts or must haves on hand? other than not go. My mother O:) is in that last stages of alzhiemers (mean disease)and I have to see her any chance I can. I usually fly but my better half(hubby :* )wants to go so we thought we would drive. Bad idea? Too late. I am open to ideas. Please :? Thank you
advertisement

Comments

• Ice packs, heat packs, travel pillow. Its good if you stop at a motel or something to rest up. Hope all turns out well to see you Mom. Prayers for you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • :) hi! MUSIC, sweet music! :X it can take your mind off of the moment and the road around you! take some of your favorite tunes so you aren't dependent on the radio!! even the new audio books are great to listen to. and have i hope all goes well for you!! Jenny :)
  • give yourself plenty of time for restops to get out and stretch...maybe 5 minutes every hour or so.
  • Audio books are an excellent idea! It makes the time pass so quickly! Something that we always take with us in the car is a light blanket. I usually freeze everyone out in the car because I seem to stay so hot all the time... hot flashes I think they are called!lol Water to keep you hydrated cause when you get dehydrated you feel icky!
    Have a safe trip! Rest when you need to rest and try not to push yourself to do more than your body will let you do.
  • Thank you for your ideas :H . The audio books are a good idea. Have any favorites? I have saved several of those almost cotton ball size disposable pillows from the ER or out patient and they work pretty good for repositioning I forgot about those. Again thank you >:D<
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.