Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Introductions New Seeking Advice

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in New Member Introductions
I rarely frequent discussion forums but needed to find a place to go for advice and information. I've lived most of my life with disabling conditions. But over the years its gotten worse.

I have ME/CFIDS, Fibromyalgia, Chronic myofascial pain, Multiple chemical sensitivities, etc.

I had an MRI due to long term back pain. In my early 20's I'd been told I had arthritis in my lower back. I am now 33 when the doctor sent me for an MRI to see why the pain has gotten worse.

The MRI showed Mild Rotatory Scholiosis, early degeneration of the L2-3 L3-4 discs, as well as an anular tear midline at L3-4. (described as hyperintense material along the posterior aspect of the annulus in the midline) Partial Degeneration of L4-5. Early bilateral facet arthritis.

The doctor told me it was DDD. Didnt say much about the Tear. Told me to go to Physical therapy 3 days a week for a few weeks.

Problem is ME/CFIDS (Myalgic Encephalopathy, Chronic fatigue Immune dysfunction syndrome) complicates things. Makes physical therapy very difficult and at times impossible.

I also had a health crisis which has set me back even further. And am still dealing with the doctors about what it is that is going on.

But my back pain is getting worse.

I am at a loss as to what to do. So here I am.

advertisement

Comments

• Hiya >:D<
    Welcome to Spine Health >:D< Do you take any medication for the back pain? :/ I can relate to the fatigue problem I) . Try out the chat room here :D , you will find us all so friendly. :)

Angie x :H
  • wanted to make you aware that when seeking advice, all we can offer is our experience with symptoms, surgeries, meds, etc. We can't give medical "advice" because we aren't medical professionals. Experience, unfortunately, we do have. The best in ur search for information...
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what question we can. i have DDD as well and know how painful it can be. i use exercise and stretching to help with the pain. some pt may be of help to you. be sure and talk to your doctor about this. i hope you find some pain relief soon! we have a site just for "Fibromyalgia." good luck and i hope to see you around the forum! Jenny :)
  • sleeper- welcome to forum. There is alot of info here and people for support. There is a section called Treatment with different subcategories that may give you some ideas...take care.. :) jade
  • for responses and welcome. I know discussion boards cant offer medical advice or diagnosis but the experience of other people is valuable advice because I think experience offers better insight than doctors sometimes.

Is the chat on any particular day or time?

thanks!

Christine
  • i know u will find alot of info in the forum and i hope it answers your questions by using that info with questions to your doc. i hope and pray u find a solution and that it is sucessful.
    God bless all
    kc
  • :) chat doesn't have any set hours but it is busier st some times more than others. it is trial and error really. i don't use it much but we have people here who really like it. give it a try!! Jenny :)
  • Hiya christine, >:D<
    Yes chat is always there , you just have to catch us in there , because of the time differences. Hope to catch you in the chat room.

Angie x :H
advertisement