Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

NBC Nightly News Back Pain Segments

MazyMMazy Posts: 275
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
FYI--Hey folks--I'm not sure where to post this, but wanted everyone to know that NBC Nightly News is running a segment on back problems and solutions this week. --Mazy
advertisement

Comments

• My grandfather called me last night as I was driving from work and told me to turn it to channel 6 (in Charlotte, NC) which I of course could not do...
  • The segments are during Brian Williams' nightly newscast. I know they are doing segments back pain/treatment all week this week, but I'm not sure when it would be in your time zone. I missed last night's but I'll be sure to see it tonight.--Mazy
  • Yes I watched it tonight Tuesday. Same things most Drs tell their patients all the time. Treatments always first. Unless ya know you can't avoid surgery.
    Like for me spondylolthesis was causing a majority of the pain and well no treatment was going to fix that. Only to stablize the spine was the only treatment. And of course it worked :D
    I will continue to watch the rest of the week to see what they have to say.
    Im the one that is always willing to take that 60 percent chance of some pain gone ;)
    But of course not everyone has that option due to insurance etc. So hopefully that will be brought up in future segments this week.
    I'm curious to find out what else they have to say..

• I didn't think the segment offered anything new either. I noticed that the segment was done at Univ of California San Franciso. If my memory is correct (which is rarely at my age ;)) ) we have had a couple of members who have had surgery there. I will try to catch the segments the rest of the week. --Mazy
  • I'm glad this problem is being featured prime time, although it's brief and it's what we already know. I hope that people gain a better awareness of this big problem that is costing 90 million? yearly in lost wages, bills, and lost productivity. I'm sorry if I got the figure wrong.
    I would like them to cover about patients that don't fair well and are suffering constantly, having multiple surgeries and such. Maybe they will talk about pain management in a better light, so that people can see that it helps patients with their pain and gives them some type of functionality and quality of life.
    I hope that lady on there last night, who was getting ready for surgery does okay. Did you hear those doctors saying the nerve is squashed. The story pointed out surgery is recommended if there is nerve impingement and neurological deficits. And they leaned for more conservative treatment. NBC did okay; I'll keep watching.
advertisement