Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Fusion ok after fall down steps Update

Shell74SShell74 Posts: 299
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Just a little update. After my fall down the steps on Saturday I did go to the ER and was told everything looked OK but to see the surgeon right away. I got in this morning and he said the xrays look fine. I have a bit more pain down my leg, but it is hard to say what it is from. I landed with my feet still on the second step and my body on the floor and my left arm thru a tempered glass tabletop. I am lucky I put my brace on when I went to the basement I guess. I have a few punctures, but also a deep scratch in my TSLO from the glass table. My hip is very bothersome and my ankle is popping when I step, so I am using the walker again. No walking for me for 1 week then we will look again at whats going on. All in all it could have been much much worse!

To even make things more aggravating we had a car accident on the way home. My poor sister in law agreed to drive me today, we were coming home in a construction zone and became stopped in traffic. We had about 20 feet inbetween the cars and the tractor trailer infront of us decided to start backing up! We backed up as much as we could, the truck behind us was backing up as well, of course everyone was honking at the same time. The tractor trailer continued to back up over the front bumper of our car and pushed us harder into the truck behind us. He finally stopped and pulled forward. What the ***! The car only received minor damage, but no one can figure out what the driver was doing. I was reclined pretty far and only got a little jolt to my neck. He then proceded to hit several construction zone signs and markers.

I NEED A VACATION!

Shell
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Shell,

So sorry about your misfortunes! My goodness, you really took quite a fall. I'm so sorry. and what the heck was up with the tractor trailer guy?!
    You and I have a lot in common. I am also 34 years old and have a 10 yr old and a 13 yr old. I am a nurse so also medical field. I have no grandbabies though thank goodness. And I have a 14 yr old too.
    Where are you from? I am in Northern california.
    -Jenn
  • It has been a crazy day!

We are in PA. My sister lives in Northern California. We went to visit her 2 years ago. We visited Lassen Volcanic park, the ocean, but dont ask where. We went over one of those crazy cross state roads that make you sick. Drove thru one of the State Redwood Forests, took the van thru a tree. Everything was so pretty, I would love to go back.

I never realized that so people "our age" are going thru these issues. For many years I was told I was to young for such issues, I was told to suck it up and deal with it. I am thankfull my younger kids are pretty helpfull. They are a blessing.

Take Care,
    Shell
  • Hi Shell, so glad to hear your surgeon thinks all is well. God bless the TLSO! I am weaning and I feel so naked without it in the car especially. Sorry about the accident, that is crazy and scarey! Yep, sounds like you need a vacation from your vacation ;) You take it easy and rest up. Hope all is feeling better soon, >:D< Cali-Sue
  • to have both these in one day! I'll bet you wanted to go to bed and start it over :))(

I had a fall also at about 12 weeks, walked into my kitchen and have a 1" step which I tripped on and bang! down on my knees.
    The surgeon I had seen a few day before had mentioned that I would have to fall out a 1 storey window to do any damage so thankfully it was the first thing I thought of.

The truck driver - what a ****. I had the exact same thing happen years ago, turned out the driver wanted to park where I was waiting at the lights and didn't care that I was behind him. He just kept reversing even though everyone was honking and screaming at him. He took the whole front of my car off as his tow bar latched into my radiator then he went forward and the front of my car went with him.

Take it easy this week as you know and dont be concerned about anything. Our backs are really quite strong, even at the early stages.

Blessings Sara O:)
  • Angelback said:
    The surgeon I had seen a few day before had mentioned that I would have to fall out a 1 storey window to do any damage

The truck driver - what a ****. He took the whole front of my car off as his tow bar latched into my radiator then he went forward and the front of my car went with him.
    Yeah, the doctor kind of laughed at me today. The PA actually said I should have called her and she would have came to the house to get me up and check me out, lol. She lives down the street, we worked together at a hospital years ago when she worked for a different practice. He just couldnt say unless he saw the xrays, I am so paranoid, but who can blame us!

OMG, we really made out good then with the car. Just cant believe what people do sometimes. Granted, big trucks dont have much of a view, especially in bumper to bumper traffic, but common sense should have told him that if there was a huge line of traffic behind him, there was likely a car 20 feet behind him as well.

I went to bed once I relaxed a bit this afternoon. I am over everything and feeling better, well at least emotionally,lol.

Take Care,
    Shell
advertisement