Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Over three years

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Good News
I'm happy to say it has been over three years since I had my spinal surgery. I had an L4S/L5S1 microdiscectomy I was very lucky and, I'm even back bowling. I was in bad shape three years ago. I had the radiating pain down my leg with a droped foot. Three bulging discs and, one complete ruptured. My neurosurgeon removed the one disc and, trimmed the other down. Then I had calcfication around my nerve which he scraped out. The only nerve damage I have is some numbness in my big toe. I really feel very lucky and, I had a very good doctor that took care of me. His staff really put my mind at ease. I came out of this even better than my doctor ever could hope for. Again I just wanted to share this with everyone and, everyone is well. I know I was told I might need more surgies in the future but, for now i will take it.

Take care,

Mike

advertisement

Comments

• Hiya Mike, >:D<
    Its so nice to hear of happy stories :) , it kinda gives us hope 8} . I am so happy for you :) . Just take it easy, you have a weakness there :? , dont do anything you shouldnt even if you think that you can :) . Good Luck! Keep intouch! >:D<

Angie x :H
  • Angie,

Hi! Thanks for the warm welcome and, wow it sounds like you have been through alot. There are alot of people who take their back and health for granted. A couple of weeks ago I pulled a muscle in my back but, i was getting some numbness through my back so I had an MRI done and everything look pretty. I was relived that I did not blow olut another disc. So i'm in pT right now and, we are trying to work it out. I hope you are feeling better Angie? Take care!!

Mike