Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Guidelines about Politics and Religion

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,721
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
Many times these topics come up in various threads and depending on how they are posted, the moderator team will need to step in.

Most online forum boards shy away from these two topics.
Politics and Religion

There is sound reasoning to why this is done. Look back into conversations you may have had with family members or friends over the years. Many people would agree that when those two topics are discussed, there are so many different views and opinions, its almost impossible to agree and sometimes, those discussions turn into heated arguments.

The old Spine-Health site did run into those exact situations. That is why we try to discourage topic threads that discuss those items.

But this is not to say that when someone says that they are offering a pray to someone else is wrong. We all can do that, I have also, but what we do not want is for the post to contain the words to that prayer. There are so many different religious beliefs, this site is not in any position to say which ones are better than others or even approach the subject. That is why we believe that there should not be topics that contain explicit information regarding religion.

The same holds true about Politics. Its almost impossible to get people to agree on political views. Also, what is very important for Spine-Health, is that this is an international site. So if topics crop up regarding the upcoming presidential elections in the United States, why shouldn't every other representing country have topics to discuss their views. So, its better that there are no discussions period.

I hope this make sense. We are not trying to control what is being said or to censor topics. I have received messages to the effect that forums are open and freedom of speech is allowed. My response to those messages and to anyone, Is that this forum is owned by Spine-Health and when you register for this site , not only do you have to follow the rules, but that there are certain posting etiquette that should be followed. From my own personal experiences in being a member on many different forum boards, Spine-Health provides a lot of flexibility for its members. On some technical web sites, if your post is not acceptable, it is deleted and you might just be banned without any explanation.

I dont believe in that. Any action that is taken by the Moderators, the Administrators or the owners always explains why that action was taken.

We opt to maintain an environment that is the best it can be for the entire member community. We can not try to appease just a few. At times, that may seem harsh, but in the long run I strongly believe that that is the right thing to do for everyone.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments