Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Workplace accomodations for after surgery

anjuanaanjuan Posts: 236
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I currently work a desk job where I spend a lot of time on the computer in a cubical. Thankfully, I work for the Federal Government so they are very good about making workplace accomodations when needed. (Plus my manager two levels up has back problems so she is very sympathetic.) I am requesting a better chair, and I already have an angled foot stool. Is there anything else that you would suggest I request to make my workspace better for my back problems?

Thanks for your suggestions!
advertisement

Comments

• I also am returning to a desk job soon. Along with a lumbar support chair, my doctor is requesting a sit-stand desk that moves up and down. I don't know how much flexibility you have but I am pretty much in one place all day so just to be able to stand up will help some. Hope this helps. I am also going to start half days at first and build up. Good Luck to you.
  • Hi, you need to make it clear that you will be unable to sit in the same position all day, that you will need constant breaks just to move around and change position every 20 minutes or so.
    I would also request or get a big clock on your desk so you dont forget to get up.
    It may feel OK to be sitting but it is possible that you will pay for it in the long run so better to be safe then sorry and move around.

Blessings Sara O:)