Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi,

Well I was looking for some moral support from folks that have went through the up coming surgery. I have had 2 Micro's done on L5-S1 and now have issues with L4-L5. Since I have lost most of my feeling in the right side and that fun pain the Neuro wants to do a Decompression and Fusion. My questions are around what is it like for recovery compared to the last two surgeries and going in from the front and the back what should I expect. Very nervous up in Minnesota.

Thank you ahead of time for the help.
advertisement

Comments

• I have also had a microD last year. You might want to check out the surgery section as there is lots of info there on what you will need to have post op and lots of members talking about there recovery. I had a horrible time with my endoscopic microD partly because it was radical (removed most of my disc). But I think that a fusion recovery will be a little tougher and longer. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.
    BTW- Have you had at least 2 other opinions on your surgery? Most of us here have the philosophy that surgery should be left as the absolute last resort as there are no guarantees of pain relief from surgery. But, if you are having surgery always check your surgeon out as well as possible and always get at least 2 more opinions.
  • wanted to welcome you to SH. To answer your question: In my particular case, recovery from fusion was longer than from micro. In any individual's case, their doc would better answer that question. If you need to, write down questions you want answered and have your doc go over them with you. Again, welcome to SH.
  • sge- welcome to the forum. There are plenty of people who've had all kinds of surgery. There is a section called Back Surgery and Neck Surgery that have some posts about different kinds of fusions that may help..take care..jade
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you are facing an upcoming surgery but i know you will do well. it is good advice to make sure you have more than one opinion. :? the more information you have the better. check out the "Good News" site for a good read on successful surgeries. good luck and keep us posted! Jenny :)
advertisement