Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi my name is Tom Jackson. I have had back pain for about 10 years off and on. I am now 30 and over the last year the pain has gotten progressively worse. I just had an MRI done on 9/19/2008. I got the results back and was amazed at the problems. The bottom 3 discs were completely black on the MRI film which to my understanding means they have lost all the water that used to be in them. Does that mean the discs are essentially gone? I have 2 annular tears and foraminal narrowing, lateral recess, slight flattening of the L4 nerver, along with HNP with all 3 discs. Nothing seems to work for the pain except the SI joint injections I have been getting. It’s hard to live like this. It’s difficult to do anything without pain, yard work, playing with the kids or just sitting all day at work. I wanted to join to see how other people are dealing with similar situations and how to make the best of my situation. Any replies are welcome.

Thanks!
Tom
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,722
    ">image

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Priestess , Bruce , Paulgla, DiLauro

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please remember that all information you receive from members on this forum is NOT
    formal medical advise. You should always consult with your doctors.

To get back to the Forums, you can always click on Forum Home

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    I need to start by saying that any information that you receive from other members on this site should never be viewed as formal medical advice. What you will get is opinions based on personal experiences. MRI reports is something that is always asked here and it is one of more difficult topics to discuss. Looking at MRI films can also be so misleading. I have had so many MRIs that I tried to compare one to another to find the disc related problems.
    I gave up and I am glad I did.
    The best thing to do is talk this over with your doctor so that you are fully aware of the situation.
    Hopefully, when you get all the information from your doctor, that would also include any action plan.
    It would not be proper for me to even identify different action plans until you know what you have.

On a side note, I've been a NY Giant Fan since 1956. I still remember the time that Chuck Bednarik wiped out
    Frank Gifford. Been through the glory days, the famine days and recently some much better times.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering so much especially at such a young age. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.
  • Tom, First I'd like to day that I am so very sorry to hear that you are a Giants fan. I on the other hand have been a die hard JETS fan for as long as i can remember.
    I understand what you are going through, but I have only had to deal withit for two years. It can be exhausting and frustrating to be in pain for long periods of time, and try to behave like the rest of the world while out or at work. I have a 7 years old and 2 teens, there are often time that I'd like to do things outside with the little guy (throw a lacrosse ball - his favorite) but after a while I hurt or if I push I pay for it the next day, usually with ice packs!

Anna
  • I would like to welcome you to Spine Health
    I'm so sorry for your pains.

I had to laugh when I read first line on Anna's post. ha ha
    I am a Bears Fan. Go ahead and laugh if you want its not the first time I have been laughed at for being Bears fan. but I love my Bears and I'm sticking to it!!

Sending Smiles and lots of luck and Hope to all.Patsy
  • the Falcons did put the Bears in their place this past weekend!!!
  • Oh thanks for the info.... like I did not already no that...
    I can get even!!

Are the Giants the New york Giants? or am I wrong? again?
  • Thanks for the warm wishes! Watch for the Giants to roll over the Browns tonight!! :) Hope everyone is having a great day and (pain-free/less)! Anybody ever hear of a procedure called radio frequency lesioning? My DR is sugesting it but i havent got a response about it yet from any of the members..
  • I have never heard of this procedure, what does it do? Is it something new? patsy
  • I actually had something like this done and it relieved minor pain, didn't really work for me though.
  • Thanks for the reply. You are the first one to mention having had this done. Sorry it didnt help much :(. How are you feeling today?
  • It is fairly new from what i understand. A needle is placed on the nerve and the needle is heated up and this supposedly numbs the nerves. I just wonder if it will only irriate the nerve even more casuing greater pain... I was hoping someone on the site has had it done but no-one so far has responded...How are you?
  • I might just have to look that up on the internet, sounds sorta interesting, hopefully someone out there in S.H. might have some answers. you would be surprised
    Maybe start a new post with the procedure in the title.
    I'm having a pretty good day. Except its starting to get cold here and my body can tell it.
    Patsy
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.