Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain radiately in other parts of body

nancynnancy Posts: 38
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Chronic Pain
Hey Buddies, I have a question and maybe you can help. I have been suffering for over a year now. Pain mostly in lower back & hips but now moving into abdomen area and sharp pain in both sides of my waist. Can anyone relate? Oh also in neck. Thanks, Nancy.. I am 52 years young.
advertisement

Comments

• Thanks so much for your input. It sure is good to know that you are not suffering alone. Sometimes I think I am going crazy but with friends like you, it is all so reassuring and helpful.
  • What does your doctor say about your pain?
  • Thanks again for helping me. I went dor a discogram a month ago ( a procedure where they tests some of your discs). It showed that the three discs ther were testing were all damaged. I also found out there is some spinal stenosis going on as well as spondyloletesis (which I have had for years but of course has gotten worse. Surgery was concluded was not an option. I am now waiting to hear from neurosurgeon to see if there is anything they can do. I pretty much have accepted that it is something I will have to live with (with some days good and others are not). It does get discouraging as I am not working (luckly I am currently on disability). I do get bored and also pissed off as my occupation was in health care as a N/A working mostly with seniors. Now some days I cannot even look after myself, sometimes a shower is a challenge as I cannot stand for very long. I take trimadol in am. then regular tylenol throughout the day (could not handle t-3's) Mind you I just took one as today is my birthday and hopefully I will enjoy it. I also take diclofenac 3'xs a day. Anyway, thanks again for your interest & support. Hope you a lovely weekend. Nancy
  • That last was supposed to be a smiley - must have done something wrong!
  • The key symptom of CRPS is continuous, intense pain out of proportion to the severity of the injury (if an injury has occurred), which gets worse rather than better over time. CRPS most often affects one of the extremities (arms, legs, hands, or feet) and is also often accompanied by:

* "burning" pain
    * increased skin sensitivity
    * changes in skin temperature: warmer or cooler compared to the opposite extremity
    * changes in skin color: often blotchy, purple, pale, or red
    * changes in skin texture: shiny and thin, and sometimes excessively sweaty
    * changes in nail and hair growth patterns
    * swelling and stiffness in affected joints
    * motor disability, with decreased ability to move the affected body part

HGH Treatment | Testosterone Therapy | HGH Therapy | STD Panel
  • The key symptom of CRPS is continuous, intense pain out of proportion to the severity of the injury (if an injury has occurred), which gets worse rather than better over time. CRPS most often affects one of the extremities (arms, legs, hands, or feet) and is also often accompanied by:

* "burning" pain
    * increased skin sensitivity
    * changes in skin temperature: warmer or cooler compared to the opposite extremity
    * changes in skin color: often blotchy, purple, pale, or red
    * changes in skin texture: shiny and thin, and sometimes excessively sweaty
    * changes in nail and hair growth patterns
    * swelling and stiffness in affected joints
    * motor disability, with decreased ability to move the affected body part

HGH Treatment | Testosterone Therapy | HGH Therapy | STD Panel
  • Do you have this crps....
    Question..... The coker changes, in legs can this look splotchy as as red or purple they looked kinds like poor circulation would look? Curious!
    Does abnominal pain cause you nausea?
    Good luck!
  • at your age there are so many things that could be .i would also recommend that you have a CAT scan that should rule out many nastiest.the 50s is a very risky age for new things starting in males and females don't ignore any symptoms.and also don't panic just because i have said what i have said i am just stating facts and alerting you to see your doctor
    STRAKER
  • Now my problems started when my low back pains started, pain radiates from my spine into my tummy, I'm doubled over with pain, I have nausea and sometimes hurl. I am not in my 50's though, not that that is a bad thing. As a freind once said to me when I hit 39, "It's better than the alternative". I must agree.

But I should have a doctor make sure that there is nothing else going on that I have mistaken for being caused by my back pain. Just in case something else happened to happen at the same time and is a coincedence. I do believe that it is due to my back though since when it hurts worse, my tummy hurts worse, etc. etc.

• was i am 43 and the pain i am getting is very similar to the kind of pain that you get when you have problems with an aortic aneurysm my mother had one successfully operated on last year and she is only in her early 60s {but she is an alcoholic and was a heavy smoker also my dad passed away at 59 with an MI without warning he was a heavy smoker and drinker too .both my parents have back problems and i did not want to take any chances {i have been scanned for a AAA and it came back clear .but you just don't know from 40 upwards any new pain should be investigated .i was 54i77ing myself yesterday !! but as some of you know i did the correct thing as my doctor want me to go back to the neurosurgeons as he thinks that it is back related rather than AAA /or bowl/ or prostate problems all can have back pain as part of there symptoms ..so getting back on track ..as i have a habit of wondering ! anything new go and see your doctor ..[AAA *abdominal aortic aneurysm}
    STRAKER
  • I know my pain causes me to be nauseated almost every morning I wake up sick cuz that's when my pain is way up there. Had tummy checked out (all good)just incase and some meds can cause this too...I take nexium too to help and levsin when the nausea is way bad...... For some reason I get the hiccups everytime I take my hydracodone Lol.....havent figuted that one out also I sleep with pillows between my thighs and knees to take pressure off lower back and hips.....
    Hope you get to feeling better!
  • I have CRPS in my right foot and it goes all the way up to my lower back, this is related to my work injury of a crushed big toe, it also crushed my main arttory nerve in my foot, I also get sick in the morning from the severe pain, I hope you don't have it I'm 35 years old and I wish the best for you!
  • My fracture is in L2. I have pain all down my back, into my hip and leg and sometimes around into the front hip and waist area.

I often have pain in the waist that radiates back to front. Usually on the right side, sometimes on both sides.

When I've looked at the L2 nerve maps, it seems like this is pretty logical.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.