Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Increase Pain in recent Days

GreyEagleGGreyEagle Posts: 350
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
:''( The last few days the pain in my left arm and shoulder and neck has increased noticeably. I am waiting for scheduling for one more MRI before ACDF surgery.

The weather has gotten significantly colder as well in the past week. I saw some snow on the top of the mountains where we are. The pain got really bad today. I took my meds as scheduled: morphine, lyrica, Vicodin. They help,but wow! Sometimes it can still be bad.

I just want this surgery done soon and its taking sooo long for it to happen! I didn't fit in the Closed MRI. The techs there said the surgeon is very meticulous and has to have the MRI just the way he wants before he will do surgery.

The surgeons office is supposed to call me back to schedule an Open MRI at a location where the machine has a much stronger magnet than the last one I had it done on.

Anyway, it hurts bad so I'm gonna bail now and talk to ya all later!

Thanks for listening!

Ken GreyEagle
Greyeagle
advertisement

Comments

• Sorry about the MRI not working out. Man that just stinks! I hope that they call you soon with the location of another open one.

Hang in there with the pain. Weather changes do effect our pain levels and of course frustration does too! Don't feel bad at all if you have to speak to your doc ahead of time and say "my pain meds aren't doing the job".

Always listening,

"C"
  • Sorry you are having a hard time, I find I go through times like that too. I was at the stage when I was asking for a review of my pain meds when the local social services gave me the use of a dual motor recliner. Just being able to get in the correct possition to relieve the pain by moving my legs and torso independantly has led to amazing pain relief. I will never use a manual chair again.
  • my friend , I am so sorry that things have gone a little haywire...let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. I am always a PM away....Miki
  • Thanks so much, everyone! It is around 8:30 am Pacific Time Friday morning. I just got up, had a shower, took my vicodin. I'll take my morphine in a few minutes.

So far this morning my pain is under control. :))) It is 35 degrees Fahrenheit. Winter is coming. We do get snow where we are in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains of Washington.

I'm hoping my surgeon's office calls to schedule the Open MRI. I left a message with the scheduling coordinator Wed and Thurs. We'll see.

Have a great day everyone!

Ken GreyEagle
    Greyeagle
  • I am in the same boat as you. Waiting for another MRI - I have it on MOnday the 13th. My last one was 10/07 and showed C6/C7 spinal cord impingement from it. Then he'll schedule me for an ACDF don't know how many levels. Right now just one. So, we'll see. GOOD LUCK to you

Sandra
  • Hi Ken, Off topic, I'm here in Eastern Washington. We are practicly neighbors.. Supposed to get down to 26 degrees here tonight. Where in the cascades are you, if you don't mind me asking.
  • Hi Suziee and cindy:

Yeah, Cindy, you are in the exact same situation as me. My surgeon's preliminary assessment has me getting one level acdf c-5 to c-6. My spine doctor had thought he would do 4 levels. He wants one more mri with clearer pictures before he makes his final decision on how many levels.

Suziee: We are in Gold Bar, Washington. Just up the hill past the main town in the foothills, unincorporated area.

Ken GreyEagle
    Greyeagle
  • Hey Ken

According to Google Earth, by road, I grew up 64 miles from you. Straight line distance of course is much shorter. I grew up on the Skagit River.

Small world.

"C"
  • I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling so bad and I hope like heck you get that open MRI scheduled soon.
    We actually just got back a couple of hours ago from the northern Cascades checking out the fall colors. It was low 40's up there and we saw the snow. In fact, we wanted to hike up at Artist's Point but the road closed 4 days ago because of it. Winter is definitely on it's way. :(
  • I talked to the Surgeons Scheduler today. She is going to be calling me first half of next week to schedule that second MRI, I believe. She said she'd leave a note with the surgeon to see what he wants exactly since I did not quite fit in the Closed MRI.

Will keep everyone up to date. I'm doing ok in the meantime.

I love the Northern Cascades! And Skagit, the Bald Eagles are awesome up that way! We get them some here up the hill east of Gold Bar. I always love it when they fly in a circle over head when I am having a prayer with my personal prayer pipe.

Ken GreyEagle
    Greyeagle
advertisement