I have doing really well with my low back in the last 3 months. One of the physicians I work for gave me Facet injections and it worked really well.
In the last 3 months though my hip has went downhill. I have had 4 hip operations in the past 2 on each. When all of this started I asked the NS that did my back surgery about my hip. He ordered another MRI and it showed a disc herniation at 3/4 right 4/5 scar tissue and stenosis, 5/1 disc bulge and some facet arthritis. It also showed that I have moderate DDD at all of these levels. It definately not the worst back but it keeps me from doing things that I would normally do. The NS said that my hip pain was probably back related. I knew that wasn't the case though. Finally I called my PCP and he ordered a hip x-ray. My hip x-ray showed avascular necrosis, osteoartritis, lose of cartilage, and osteopyte formation (from previous surgeries). I knew it. I knew it was my hip. I saw my orthopaedic dr that did all of the my hip surgeries in the past 15 yrs and he said I need hip resurfacing. He said I am to young (26) for a total hip replacement but thats what I need. He can't do the hip resurfacing so he sent me to another surgeon that can do this. I saw him the other day and he wants to do the surgery but because of old pin placement in my hip he wants to do a MRI to see if the bone is fully healed and can hold another pin without causing instability. So yet another wait until my MRI gets done on Wed and then I see him to schedule surgery on the 29th of this month. He told me that it would probably take 2 months to get it scheduled and get the ball rolling.
To make a long story short in all of this waiting with my hips, limping on my right hip is really flaring up my back. I am on pain meds twice daily, NSAIDS,lidoderm and muscle relaxors. I don't know what to do. Do I ask for more facets or just deal with it.