Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

"Weather" it hurts or not........

srtaylssrtayl Posts: 146
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Lower Back Pain
Ugh.... the weather sux.

Such a great week; feeling the best I have in a very long time I sent a post, or a book rather, a couple days ago bragging how good I felt, being off the narcs for a week+, and just overall in great spirits.

I live in the great Southwest, and today aint so durn great. 40 mph winds, humid, chilly, and the barometer is sinking like a stone. In other words, I feel like I am 80 again. The hardware in my back is very evident to me today; I can actually feel the screws.....

Enough complaining, has anyone else experinced this? If you have, what can I try to make it a bit less painful? I have tried heat and ice with no success. I really do not want to take any narcs; but if I cannot get on-top of this breakthrough I fear I may have to.

Any ideas you have, let me know

Best of wishes to you all,
advertisement

Comments

• We are experiencing a cold front here in the Pacific NW and it has been near freezing esp. last night.Woke up in pain levels through the roof(gout flare up is burning too).I don't know what else to suggest if heat is not helping, maybe it may be time to use meds sparingly.I know you don't want to, but they do help and there is nothing wrong with using them in this case.If conservative ie heat/ice are not helping then meds are the next line.

hope you feel better.
  • ...will now inform you of all approaching low pressure, cold/hot/humid/damp/rain---you name it, you'll feel it long before the Radar screen can even beigin to track it...

We live 75 feet from Lake Michigan....so I have an arsenal of ice packs/heating pads/portable massagers/BioFreeze & Chardonnay when the wind is out of the NE (gale-force)...

I hear you! It's miserable! And you really can't "do" anything about it until the front (or whatever it is) moves out again. I, too, can feel the pedicle screws, especially...I wonder why that is? Anyone know?

Take your narcs, if you need to, as little as possible of course, but as Frustrated says, they do help & if you try everything else first, you deserve some relief! No one can tough it out all the time.

Good luck, Stray! Hope you feel better soon! (Is your bad weather going east? If so, I better put some more ice packs in the freezer!)

~Lakeside
  • Yup, the cold is felt in my new hardware before it gets here. When it does, I feel the same kinda pain from before the operation. For me, reclining on my heating pad and popping meds helps as does the heating blanket at night.

It seems I may have traded one bad pain for another in the same location!
    -jim
  • On my own thread! It has gotten chilly where I live also and my pain is out of control. Even with my ned's, I can't get it under control. I'm miserable! Both my lower back and both knees are where I'm hurting the worst. I don't know what to do and it seems to get worse every year. Best of luck to everyone, may summer be right around the corner!
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.